nF3 250Gb Dedicated Thread.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather than a video, can I just send my parts to Angry and he could build it and overclock it for me and then send it back. I'm just kidding. Well kind of, you get the hint.

I've done this for probably 25+ users last year alone ;)

(a lot of those Overclock Database entries are customer rigs...)

From what I understand, the GART driver is very important to have installed. That along with the SMBus driver are the only truely neccesary drivers in a chipset driver package. Although, if you're having troubles with the GART driver don't use it, or uninstall only the GART driver from your "nVidia Drivers" in the Add/Remove program files listing, and install a previous GART driver that gave you better stability (if there is one that did).

EDIT: Off the top of my head, I believe I'm using the 81.89 drivers, to answer your previous question.

ive tried so many drivers and everytime if i uninstall the GART driver or dont even install it when it asks during install i get much better performance.

however i still feel iam not getting the full performance, for example i play counter-strike source on max settings as it recommends except for AA that is 4x. Now on maps like cs_Militia my fps can drop to 15 inside the house. on the stress test i reach 145fps average.

is this normal? i thought my system could take on every game at high easily now i have the best cpu and graphics card for my socket

how about an Angry tutorial video on how to build the NF3 250Gb (and then you can watch the "Tweak" video stuck to the top of the NF4 section as it is the same for Intel, NF2, NF3, NF4 basically)

?

beyond that, the Overclocking Database section IS YOUR FRIEND!

That would be neat man,Please do that!Thnx.

ive tried so many drivers and everytime if i uninstall the GART driver or dont even install it when it asks during install i get much better performance.

however i still feel iam not getting the full performance, for example i play counter-strike source on max settings as it recommends except for AA that is 4x. Now on maps like cs_Militia my fps can drop to 15 inside the house. on the stress test i reach 145fps average.

is this normal? i thought my system could take on every game at high easily now i have the best cpu and graphics card for my socket

What kind of scores do you get in 3Dmark 03 and 05. I wouldn't think CS would bring your rig down to those kind of frames, BF2 and doom3 don't bring mine down that hard. We have comparable systems so I would think we would be close..