nF3 250Gb Dedicated Thread.

Hi all, After reading the thread of why there is no 250Gb sticky, I tried to play it off as the board being so bullet-proof that it didn't require a general thread. But, after thinking it over, it did sound like a good idea for all users of the board to come in and share some tips and experiences with it, good or bad.

Now, it would be a lie to say that everyone has had nothing but praise for this board, but I won't be ashamed to say that this is the BEST board that I've ever owned, and this board deserves the reputation that it has for being one of, if not THE best overclocking board ever built. Anyways, enough of the DFI butt-kissing, it's time to get to the meat and potatoes of what I hope this thread will become.

First off, to the new comers of DFI-Street and to the 250Gb, here's a quick link to Angry_Games sticky thread on the 250Gb, this thread has very useful information about this motherboard, such as in-depth bios settings (with pictures ;) ) along with the rules of this message board, if you're new here read that thread and create a signature (especially if you're having problems, your cries for help will be ignored until you've created one). http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38940

Now, to all the veterans of this motherboard (you know who you are), and new comers alike please come share some of your wisdom and perhaps we can all help each other with little quirks here and there.

One tip I think really helped me get my computer added stability and better performance when I first purchased it, was to manually set all the memory timings in the bios. There are a lot of options in that genie-bios, and setting only your 4 basic memory timings really leaves a lot to be desired. I've read quite a few times on this board and other places around the net, that people just didn't get the full performance value out of there system until they took the time to mess with settings and figure out which was the best for them and there hardware.

Sorry for the long winded post, now please don't hesitate to share your tips/advice/rants/raves. Thanks all. :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few of us are already working on it brother. Doing it up right. Pics, guides, bioses, the whole shot. The Geek Mistress has offered to do the file hosting as well. Give us a little time and I think you will see how serious we are about this board. Anybody with any info they want to add, please feel free to email it to me. Just use the email addy in my user ID.

Hi all, After reading the thread of why there is no 250Gb sticky, I tried to play it off as the board being so bullet-proof that it didn't require a general thread. But, after thinking it over, it did sound like a good idea for all users of the board to come in and share some tips and experiences with it, good or bad.

Now, it would be a lie to say that everyone has had nothing but praise for this board, but I won't be ashamed to say that this is the BEST board that I've ever owned, and this board deserves the reputation that it has for being one of, if not THE best overclocking board ever built. Anyways, enough of the DFI butt-kissing, it's time to get to the meat and potatoes of what I hope this thread will become.

First off, to the new comers of DFI-Street and to the 250Gb, here's a quick link to Angry_Games sticky thread on the 250Gb, this thread has very useful information about this motherboard, such as in-depth bios settings (with pictures ;) ) along with the rules of this message board, if you're new here read that thread and create a signature (especially if you're having problems, your cries for help will be ignored until you've created one). http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38940

Now, to all the veterans of this motherboard (you know who you are), and new comers alike please come share some of your wisdom and perhaps we can all help each other with little quirks here and there.

One tip I think really helped me get my computer added stability and better performance when I first purchased it, was to manually set all the memory timings in the bios. There are a lot of options in that genie-bios, and setting only your 4 basic memory timings really leaves a lot to be desired. I've read quite a few times on this board and other places around the net, that people just didn't get the full performance value out of there system until they took the time to mess with settings and figure out which was the best for them and there hardware.

Sorry for the long winded post, now please don't hesitate to share your tips/advice/rants/raves. Thanks all. :)

never had one problem with it except my 143 divider never workded

Guest ninjastyle

I must say, I love this board. I'll probably be sad to leave it after I upgrade to the nF4 Expert / Opteron 165 setup.

Now, I have no major complaints about this board, just one minor niggle. When I use more than one RAM slot, I get a weird boot issue. 1 x 512MB stick in slot 1 = fine. 2 x 512MB sticks in slots 1 & 2 or 1 & 3 = not good.

I don't know if it's a board issue (I'd really love to know if it is -- if you know, post and tell me, please), or maybe it's a PSU issue... no idea.

What happens: If I power off the system at the PSU switch, when it comes to switching it on again, it won't get past POST unless I press the reset switch once. This problem has been baffling me for months. Any ideas?

ninjastyle, I'm using the same model PSU as you are, but I've never had any problems whatsoever with it.

No slot issues either. The only problem I've had with this board is a bad LAN socket.

I've had my board for a year now and I can honestly say that I've had no issues whatsoever with this board. I have gotten my 3400+ Newcastle upto 2800Mhz with this board and also achieved ram running 310Mhz and never once did I have to clear the CMOS. All My socket 754 boards (AN50r and K8NNXP) have been great but the the UT 250 NF3 is the BOMB.. :nod:

Guest culinist

I've had mine from almost day one, and it's never let me down. She's been runnin 24/7 for about 6 months now and she never even hiccups. I've built 4 for others and they are the same, rock freakin solid.

Guest shaolin95

Just look at my sig....never tried a better mobo in my life. Mine unfortunately is going for RMA as off now but thats something that could happen to any mobo so no big deal except for one thing....i really miss it! Cant wait to get it back :-) Best 754 mobo out there for OCers.

Regards

When I got this board, I was absolutely new to Bios settings and overclocking. I have since learned a lot, but am still only a rank amateur, but sure has been fun. Two major problems that cropped up, one attributable to NVidia, and one to DFI. NF3 chip and 6800 GT/Ultra Video Cards. Freezing in some games and 3D Mark 03. Turning off Fast Write in the BIOS helped, but still limits the Vid Card overclock. No fix I've ever been able to find. The other is that odd number CPU mutis are unstable, and I mean all, not just the X9 bug. That one is really a pain, as it really cuts down the options available to achieve the best RAM and CPU speed combinations.