Official 11/14 BIOS, changing CPU voltage causes reboot

As the title says, I just flashed to the Official 11/14 BIOS. Increasing the voltage to the CPU causes the the system to fail to POST and it goes into an endless reboot cycle. As a test, I cleared the CMOS, left everything stock, and simply changed the voltage (startup and VID) to 1.450. Endless reboot. What gives? This is extremely odd.

Previously I was running at 10x275 @ 1.450v and all was well.

Ideas?

doesn't happen for me on the bios. no issues with startup vid+vid+special, and any combination thereof.

if that is happening, flash off the bios. it doesn't appear to be meshing with your particular system and components.

As the title says, I just flashed to the Official 11/14 BIOS. Increasing the voltage to the CPU causes the the system to fail to POST and it goes into an endless reboot cycle. As a test, I cleared the CMOS, left everything stock, and simply changed the voltage (startup and VID) to 1.450. Endless reboot. What gives? This is extremely odd.

Ideas?

Same thing happen to me, this bios is not for me. Sticking with the modded bios provided on this forum.

Ideas?

Hi Astral Abyss!,

just flashed the new official BIOS (14/11/2005 code) and things seemed pretty well. I've changed Genie BIOS with my overclocking settings and re-booted...Things worked well...I re-entered the BIOS and set the STARTUP voltage applied to CPU and grrrrrrrr....i NEVER re-booted into O.S. because the PC got into an endless reboot cycle. I cleared the CMOS, load Optimized defaults, changed Genie parameters with my overclocking settings with STARTUP voltage in AUTO and my PC is now @ what you see in my signature! I hope this will help you! See you and thanks for your time! ;)

Same grief here... Set the startup vid to anything but 'auto' and no go. Prob for me is I have a 175 under phase and the initial vcore aint enough to nurse through until the normal CPU vid - or - special vid controls kick in... (I can up the speed in windoze of course - but its a pain in the butt)

Also, what's with the CAS 2.5 setting missing from bios..? 1.5, 2.0, 3.0... No 2.5! I'm locked at cas 2.0 (my spd's default to CAS 2.0 - OCZ Plat rev 2) and they don't like CAS 3 much... kinda restricting my OC options.

Cheers, Chiller

Description: Support AMD Athlon 64 FX60 CPUs
This is from the description on DFI's site.. So I dont know why everyone expects so much more from it.. I used the 1114 when it was beta and had no problems at ALL with it.. But I prefer to use the 704-2bta bios over anything thats available now anyways.. Its just the BEST bios to date and works well with any type of ram I throw at it..

if that is happening, flash off the bios. it doesn't appear to be meshing with your particular system and components.
Listen to pershoot.. Its plain and simple if the bios doesnt work then it must not be liking something about your hardware configuration... Flash back to a previous bios that works.. And wait for something that shows more in the change log then adding support for a cpu that none of you even have..

When a bios works well you should just stick with it.. Most of the time with bios versions the newer doesnt always mean better.. This is the way it is and how its always been..

With respect Thunda, I just pulled a venice from this rig and added an Opteron 175 hence the NEED to upgrade from the existing (non X2 supporting) bios. Now, logically one would update to the latest official bios - which I did...

So... the bios flash I performed WAS necessary. It is essential that 'startup vid' control works on this rig, and hence since no constructive help is at hand with this prob on this bios, (and it is very real!) I must now perform another flash to correct it..! I ain't doing this for the fun of it Thunda, nor the glory of having FX60 support.

As for the prob, maybe it's the raid, maybe its the SLI or maybe its just the difference in magnetic fields here south of the equator, at this stage, who knows? - Point is, this is a forum - idle criticism and defeatist advice like simply 'plucking the offending eye' I really find to be missing the whole point. Where's your courtesy and spirit guys..?

Cheers, Chiller...

The i question though is what happened after the FX602TEST. If it would just have been renaming the beta BIOS, this wouldn't have happened. Since i heard nobody having any problems with the BETA version.

So the question remains, what else changed?

Thanks for the responses guys. At least I know I'm not the only one with the BIOS voltage issue.

I originally flashed from 704-2bta because that BIOS doesn't have a 150MHz (CPU/14) divider that I needed. I ended up going back to the official 6/23-3 BIOS, which seems to be working fine and doing what I need it to do. It works fine with my Opteron 146.