Need help choosing budget psu

mcvigo

don't cheap out on the PSU, you'll end up regretting it in the long run, especially if you are going to OC. Aspires have never been known for great quality.

The enermax and fortons are only $20 or so more....well worth it for something known to work with these mobos and also known for being reliable.

Cheap psu's will only give you problems.

I went that route when I first built my system in my sig. I had problems with it - the rails were stable at all - the voltage would fluctuate from 11.35 to 11.87 on the +12V rail (that was using a multimeter too not software). I thought the fluctuations were a little too risky for all the brand new hardware I had just bought.

Spending an extra $30 on the psu is a hell of a lot better then a shorted out mobo, video card or any other peripherial.

Burnt computer paorts are very expensive and getting a second PSU because the first did not work is even more expensive. Save up untill you can afford a decent one. Note new egg is not the only place to shop there are often deals elseware see that tread.

I defanaly am not too proud to buy a cheap 250W FSP for an intel rig cant do that with the new systems sadyl they are just desined diffrently that the old ones power is used ont eh 12 volt rail not 3 or 5 and that kills out dated and cheap PSU's. In a few years these will be chap but you will want the new MB with the 32 pin connector.