Beggin' for help again...........

rgdiz

Does anyone know what BIOS might be more friendly to the G.Skill HZ 2x1gb kit. I'm running 704-2BTA and I can't get stable at 250 FSB. I can get memtest from BIOS to run for 7+ hours but as soon as I try prime95 or memtest windows it fails.

The chips in the memory are supposed to be Samsung UCCC.

Thanks for any help/info you can give me.

Guest Dynamic

What are your settings? Voltages/HTT/LDT? You need to be more specific with your configuration please. DFI has many memory timings, might be worth taking a look at those. Let me know...

I have tried them, just had no luck. I am presently running Angry and Rgone's OC'ing test on my CPU and it fails Super Pi at FSB 248. I am using OCCT to try to stress it and see if it passes at 245. I thought that these CPUs would OC really well, but I can probably live with the 245 or in that neighborhood. I wasn't out to set any records, just wanted to drive fast and hang out with loose women. :nod:

I ran the cpu/ram tests recommended by Angry and Rgone, and determined that my processor tops out at FSB 245 multi 11, and my ram tops out at FSB 250 (3 4 4 8 1t). These settings were with mostly defaults selected, 14.25v on cpu, cpu special +110%. I could probably get more out of them but I am aircooled and have had my cpu go to 60+ a couple of times testing. I hope the temps improve with a new cooler (Freezer 64) and the addition of Artic Silver.

Anyway, all I wanted was to run at FSB 250 x 10 or so, and I can get there now with FSB 237 x 11 = 2607, which is not spectacular, but not real shabby either. If I decide I want more I guess I'll have to go with a water cooling system, which might not be a bad idea since my computer room is normally about 80f degrees.