First build/first overclock - How did I do?

B. W.

I really wasn't planning on overclocking this system, but I was curious to see how far I could get.

My processor's at 2.75GHz with 1.43v (1.39v is being displayed in CPU-Z and SpeedFan for some reason). It's about 38C idle and 47C at load.

I have my memory on a 9/10 divider running at 211MHz (DDR 400 stock) and it's at the stock timings of 2.5-3-3-7. I don't really think I can do much with these sticks, so I didn't try puching them.

My 7800GT is overclocked to 495MHz / 1.15GHz (I used the "Detect Optimal Frequencies" feature in Coolbits and lowered them a bit). I can't really tell what the tempature is while gaming, but it idles at 42C.

Is there anything else I can do? How are these tempatures? It's important to note that the cooling is all stock, and I have my 120mm case fan speed set to low. I might upgrade in the future, but I'm cheap. :rolleyes:

screen3tq.th.jpg

YOur temps are fine. And your oc is good. If you want the to push the cpu a bit more, you will have to put more voltage, but get only about another 100Mhz or so. I personally feel loading the cpu with about 1.55v for 100Mhz is not worth since the performance difference is negligible.

I think you have found a very sweet spot!

have you primed it? those volts seem WAY too low to be stable.

I can't remember if I used Prime for these exact settings (I've been changing them over the past few days and doing different tests), but I'll probably let it run for atleast 16 hours while I'm away tomorrow.

I did some tests with Super Pi, and it's been on all day - no crashes so far.

agree.....

and while ur at it, i think i'll recommend ur bumping the CPU to 1.45 or 1.475 before u prime it and leave it for a while.....it beats coming home after 8 hours to see that it failed prime after 2 minutes :P

i can almost guarantee u that it aint stable at those voltage at that clock.

but overall, gj!