Sign in to follow this  
Oceanborn

OCZ Platinum Rev2 TCCD with X2 3800+

Hi guys, I'm trying to setup my memory for the best possible performance to use with my X2 3800+ I've followed some of the threads here specially the ones that say "Stock Database" but I didn't find the specific combination for my specs and to config my memory accordingly

I have a DFI Lanparty SLI-D

Athlon64 X2 +3800 Manchester @2.4Ghz Vcore @1.325V

OCZ Platinum rev2 @480mhz 2-3-3-7 2.9V

If anybody with the same specs can Paste their memory BIOS settings for me it will be greatly appreciated...

Thanks guys!

You can look in the overclocking database there is a discussion thread and a overclocking data base with a lot of set ups in there that others use.The ocing data base is where you will find some good info and specks,users have to meet requirments to post there specks in there and to achive that you must have a stable setup and all the right tweeks so you for sure will get some good info in that section.

Hello,

Why dont you try to tune it yourself? :)

Use all the benchmarks in my sig.

Should you adjust a setting that causes the PC not to boot, just hold the insert key on the keyboard and press the reset button (keep the insert key held down).

And every time you change a setting, run the benchmark programs/games to see if it has made a difference.

I don't have the same MB as you, but I have tested those mem sticks in my sys before. Without tweakin the timings too much i got 610mhz 2.5-4-4-8 @ 2.89v running prime stable. Just remember to take it alittle bit at a time. Btw, I have a Toledo core in my X2 3800+. Hope this helpz. :nod:

i'm working with those right now. my specs are similar to yours with the exception of teh mobo (see sig).

i'm having a lot of trouble getting the ram to be stable on 1T no matter what timings i use. i have a lot more success with 2T. right now i'm prime testing for 398fsb x 9multi. once i get a stable overclock, i'll let u know my settings.

Another thing to remember with TCCD-based memory is getting the voltage right. You should never run more than 2.9vt or so, and many sets have sweet spots at 2.8 and even 2.7vt. My set likes 2.8vt, and by varying from 2-2-2-8 to 3-4-4-8, I can get anything from 400Mhz FSB to 600Mhz FSB @ 1T. If I run the voltage at 2.9 with this set, I cannot get above 520Mhz FSB. The higher I go from there the worse it gets. Good luck!