Sign in to follow this  
amdfreak04

Im stuck at 305ht ??? anyone else gotten past that ?

i have me m/b set to 305 at 3ht and a 9x multiplier for the cpu.. Has anyone been able to go past 305? or do we all get stuck there :confused:

thanks in advance

thanx for the responses guys...

well i doubt its my proccessor... i have a 144 optron stepping .. cab2e 0546fpaw

runs very stable at 2.74ghz... which is what it has maxed at due to the max of 305ht

i find it very strange... any ideas as to why i may be stuck at 305 ? ... shame on my but im useing built in audio... could that be the reason why im stuck there ?... ..

I was really struggling as well to get anything over 280. However I found that it was the memory timings that where my problem. I had them all set to AUTO and 100:200 speed in bios. Once I changed all the RAM timings to the correct SPD figures for all timings things went very well.

To get all the correct timings, set RAM to SPD and boot into windows at 200HTT/200FSB. Run a64tweaker and make note of all the values. Then reboot and put all these values in the bios. After doing this I found that I was able to get the board upto 365HTT with 1.3 chipset and LDT voltage (LDTx3). Dropping to either x2 or x1 didnt help at all. And above 365 was a no go irrespective of voltage. During this bit of testing I dropped CPU to x5.

The great thing about getting to this HTT is that you can use either x9 (312) or x8 (350) to gun for FX57 performance with you Opteron 144. Obviously you will need to use the x9 multi if going for 3000 or more (333HTT).

I was really struggling as well to get anything over 280. However I found that it was the memory timings that where my problem. I had them all set to AUTO and 100:200 speed in bios. Once I changed all the RAM timings to the correct SPD figures for all timings things went very well.

To get all the correct timings, set RAM to SPD and boot into windows at 200HTT/200FSB. Run a64tweaker and make note of all the values. Then reboot and put all these values in the bios. After doing this I found that I was able to get the board upto 365HTT with 1.3 chipset and LDT voltage (LDTx3). Dropping to either x2 or x1 didnt help at all. And above 365 was a no go irrespective of voltage. During this bit of testing I dropped CPU to x5.

The great thing about getting to this HTT is that you can use either x9 (312) or x8 (350) to gun for FX57 performance with you Opteron 144. Obviously you will need to use the x9 multi if going for 3000 or more (333HTT).

awsome ill try it out ... and let you know where i get .. thanks for the advice :nod:

I also found that by using Clockgen in windows I could get to a higher HTT, rather than setting it in the bios and hoping it POSTs and loads windows.

What I did also was found a thread on the same memory as I have and copy their starting-of settings from a64tweaker screenshot. I was lucky in that over at XS onepagebook (GSkill employee) was testing my ram and had this very screenshot before he started increasing HTT. I think drive strength has a big bearing.

awsome ill try it out ... and let you know where i get .. thanks for the advice :nod:

Thanks for the help guys... my max ht now is 347 which is good enough for now :D...

thanks again

I have G.SKILL 2GB RAM (ZX) and a 3000+ Venice and can't go over 325 even with 1.96 chipset and 1.4 LDT Vcore.

I dropped the multiplier to 5 no effect. My cpu is running at 290*9 stable @ 1.47V /TT Sonic Tower, Ram divider = 11 (166) which results in 237mhz. (LDTx3)

I tryed everything to increase the HTT but it hangs at the IRQ Screen and reboots.

What should I do about the ram timings ?

@goreblast

I have the sam ram as your can you please show me that screenshot? or just write down the timings?

mobo = DFI LP UT NF4 Expert