my RAM is downclocking plz HELP!

I was running my ocz plat rev.2 (2x512mb) in slots 2 and 4 with double data rate at drr400, then I installed my new 7800gt and upgraded from a venice 3200 to a San Deigo 3700+. Then when I boot it the screen stays black. So I put the ram in slots 1 and 2 and it runs fine with out double data rate. But it is detecting and running at ddr333. HOW DO I GET MY RAM TO RUN AT DDR400 like it is suppose to? OMG PLEASE HELP ME!!!! btw it is the orginal bios bought in august and dram voltage is 2.6 and it says something about 2T on the post screen.. plz help!

Well, other than manually checking and/or changing in the bios, that would be the first place to start. 2.6v is the correct voltage but the 2T timing isn't. Usually, very cheap Cas Latency 3 ram runs at 2T.

Again, you'll have to check the bios. If everything is set to AUTO, then manually changing is the only way aside from a bios update. 623-3.zip is the last official I know of.

Ram timings on the memory package or website should be something like...2-2-2-5. In the bios after selecting to manually change the timings, it should show up as CAS (latency)=2, tRCD=2, tRPD=2, tRAS=5 (I thought I'd list that in better detail so you can easily figure out which ones among the many that should be set.)

Good luck.

Another quick post. Try upping your voltage to a minimum of 2.75v. Your ram is spec'd to run at that by default but may not be. If that doesn't help, set it to 2.8v. It can definitely handle that with no problems.

Let us know.

Your best bet is to start with a bios update. There's everything you need to make a floppy on the DFI official site and yes 623-3 is the latest with a date of 2005/06/23. Your bios date doesn't match any of the factory bios they list. May be a modded bios, unfamiliar with them.

The memory only booting in the yellow banks screams bios update. The 2T just means CPC is enabled. Go to the thread overclocking/amdoverclocking listed as category - "Other - "THE" Definitive DFI AMD Overclocking guide! (merged all the overclocking stickies into one guide!) " Spend some time , start with the last guide to get familiar with the individual settings to get your memory dialed in at stock or ready for OC'ing. The Guides above that are excellent overclocking directions step by step. It's not so complicated as long as you learn the procedures in order.