Sign in to follow this  
LiAM754

Good RAM for LanParty UT 250GB

ok iv got £100 (i come from the UK) and that is roughly about $180 and i am looking to buy some decent 1GB of RAM, i cant decide which one to get because there are soo many brands out there like corsair, OCZ, Geil etc. and i cant decide which one to get, perhaps some of you could recommend me a good 1GB stick or 2 x 512MB sticks for the price above? cheers - Liam

High volts tight timings,OCZ VX, Mushkin Redlines.

Low volts, looser timings OCZ Plats Rev. 2, Mushkin L2 V2, Corsair XMS.

well i need high performance RAM, RAM That will run at DDR 400 because iv read with this motherboard that it defaults the timing to DDR333, but isnt it true that i can change the timings for corsair ram to 2.5-3-3-6 for it to run at DDR400? i am also a bit new to RAM and dont know much about volts and timings lol

ok thanks, i was thinking of getting come Corsair Value RAM but that isnt as good as the Corsair XML or the XL ones is it?

Are you looking for performance RAM or cheap RAM. Not a lot of both floating around anymore because there is too much money to be made if it will even try to run at speeds higher than PC3200. 2 X 512 double sided in either of the NF3 250GB I've owned boots up at DDR400. If it does boot at DDR333 just change it in the bios to DDR400. You don't have to buy the most expensive RAM out there but try to stay away from the value stuff.

If you buy corsair ram you wont the XL stuff only

corsair value ram is awesome for the price if you DO NOT want to overclock. my pc here is at work has 2 gigs of value ram and it runs perfectly, but i dont overclock it.... ok well i do overclock it, but only by 110mhz. dont tell my boss though.

well i think iv decided to go for a 1GB stick of Corsair XMS RAM, looks good to me and i think it will work well with the board :)

My corsair does not go much higher than 240 @ 2.5,3,3,3,10 1T rest Auto

it sucks :mad:

lol got to be smarter then your ram lol J/K :nod:

Sign in to follow this