Flashed bios and killed mobo?

Guest Niksoftware

Guest Niksoftware

Im a bit desperate I tried to flash my bios in ntune(from the dfi cd) usin a 702 binfile(6/23/2005) over the bios which was (2004) which was already detecting my cpu as dual

but i flashed hoping to expose the new ram deviders on the e+ amd's

after auto shutdown and restart it did not boot

the 4 leds go down to 1 upon which the monitor shows the gcard boot then they flash off b4 all turning on again 1st led flicks abit then goes back down to 1lit again and again

have i ***ked my bios? is there a floppy+hold a key trick to rewrite?

i have tried safe-boot jumper and cmos clear , i am doing long cmos clear now

i did also select 'Write boot bios section" tickbox in ntune :eek:

- - - ######################################### - - -

ok left it at cmos clear for 20+minutes and moved the ram the slot 3 (had it in slot4

)

and now ive booted

(the cpu goes to [email protected](reads 1.49v)

the ram goes [email protected]/3/3/13 @3v(reads 3.06v)

250@2 /3/3/13 @2.83v(reads2.87v)

all fully memtest

going to dual prime95 some configs later

StephenC,

Any chance he could try to reflash his BIOS the old fashioned way (i.e. floppy - dos command strings)?

If his BIOS is already fried little harm in trying - even though floppy flashing isn't highly recommended. But you remember, like me, in the old days that was the only way.

StephenC,

Any chance he could try to reflash his BIOS the old fashioned way (i.e. floppy - dos command strings)?

If his BIOS is already fried little harm in trying - even though floppy flashing isn't highly recommended. But you remember, like me, in the old days that was the only way.

Why is Floppy Flashing not recommended? It was the only way at one time.

Cheers,

MuNaN

Why is Floppy Flashing not recommended? It was the only way at one time.

Cheers,

MuNaN

Yes, I would agree with you. The only "modern" change might be that you might do it with a CD. But usually it's basically the same method consisting of the same flash-utility.

Niksoftware, I really hope the long CMOS clear will be of help. Ok, no big catastrophe if you have to order another chip, but it would be nicer not to, wouldn't it?

Guest Niksoftware

ok left it at cmos clear for 20+minutes and moved the ram the slot 3 (had it in slot4

)

and now ive booted

(the cpu goes to [email protected](reads 1.49v)

the ram goes [email protected]/3/3/13 @3v(reads 3.06v)

250@2 /3/3/13 @2.83v(reads2.87v)

all fully memtest

going to dual prime95 some configs later

Oh no. Don't misunderstand, I almost always flash via floppy, but I was expressing widely held opinions about floppy flashing. Especially for those not familiar with the switches and command strings for DOS based flashing.

Nothing quite like squeezing your butt cheeks together hoping that your floppy flash works ok :)

On DFI boards, I highly recommend T-Mods BIOS flash CD as I've yet to see a failed flash when the instructions are followed correctly. But for that matter I've used MSI's flash utility, WinFlash etc. without a problem on lots of builds with nary a problem (crosses fingers).