Bios Msg: "The Boot Device Priority Has Changed"...Every Tim

Hey guys,

So I'm working out the kinks of this board...I can't say I'm too impressed yet with how buggy it seems to be (the first board I flashed the bios to the latest revision and it wouldn't even post)...

So I have a new board, the specs are in my profile. With respect to the only things that could be causing this error...here's the only stuff I have plugged into the board:

*2 DVD-RW's

*Areca 1220 PCI-E x8 Raid 6 card

*Seagate 160GB SATA150 drive on Ch0

*Multifunction flash card reader (SD/MMC/etc) plugged into USB 6 pin header

I'm about to start going through each of these to see what's creating that message, but I was not getting it before I flashed up to the latest BIOS. Anyone have a clue what's up?

Thanks,

Austin519

I installed my son's nano iPod to ours and during a reboot got the error that you are recieving. I have to make sure that the iPod isn't connected during a reboot. The nano version works off of flash verses the bigger pod that uses a HD.

Guest thespin

Did you reset cmos after flashing ... if not, do so, then 'load optimized', disable CNQ and Thermal Throttling, set boot priorities, set vdimm to stock for your memory, and save in all 4 'cmos reloaded' memory banks ...

Austin519: I would guess that message is shown because the motherboard detects a new bootable device on each restart.

For example, If I turn off my computer (ABit NF2 MOBO), then insert my External USB HDD and start the computer again, it will automatically try to boot from the USB HDD. It get's added to the top of the Boot priority, over the Harddrive I usually boot from.

It sounds like you are getting some similar problem, although you say you don't actually change anything between restarts. Like the BIOS drops the device during the shutdown and then rediscovers it during startup.

Havr you tried just starting the computer and going to the BIOS and seeing if anything is in the boot order that shouldn't be?