Having a problem getting comp to boot properly

Alright I'm at the point where I'm about to chop someone's head off...This is driving me nuts. It all started earlier today when I had some free time and no work to worry about to clean up the insides of my comp. I unplugged everything, opened the case up, and got a dry unused paint brush to clean off everything in the comp...got rid of every dustball i could see and cleaned off all the fans. Then I remembered that about a month ago I unplugged the power connecter of my back fan, which is the biggest, because it started to make a very annoying noise all of the sudden. So I decided to take that fan off the case clean everything, and then plug it back in to see if it would still make that noise, and that noise was still there....I tried finding out what it was that was making that sound where it was budging, etc....so I decided to even out the insides...Turned on the computer again with the fan power conected and it made the same noise....

I decided to cut that whole idea and just simply leave it unplugged..and consider on buying a new one to replace it. After all that, I hooked all my computer back again...Turned the power on and right when it got to the bios part it kept on giving me error loading operating system right after it did the dmi pool verified and the backup cmos ok.

It kept on giving me the same error message and I had no idea what happened....So I went back to bios and used the load optimized options for the bios settings..restarted computer and greatfully it went past the 2nd part and up to the windows loading..

Then here came the next problem.which I am stuck at...For some reason right when it gets to the part where it shows the Windows XP Loading, it will stay there for a very long time and then I'll end up getting a blue screen.

I've tried everything I could think of but I really dont understand what would be causing this problem...I checked all the wires, everything was connected...

Here is the error message I get in the blue screen:

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. "

Then it goes on with more steps to prevent this problem...and the main part which will probably help you guys figure something out:

"Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0X0000007E (0XC0000005, 0XF76B0750, 0XF7A2B430, 0XF7A2B12C)

Again thanks for anyone taking their time to read all this, but I have a lot of important stuff on this computer and I really do not want to end up having to format this computer. Any help would be appreciated. :confused:

I think you may have a problem with your Master Boot record. I've had this before when the BIOS decides to change the boot priority (that's when I've recieved the error loading OS) I'm thinking somewhere the BIOS has messed around with you. Do you have more than one HD?

Yes I do...I have my 120gb that I got with my computer and then the 80gb drive which I took off my old computer and put into this one durig the whole building my computer process. Also I can still get in safe mode and boot up windows from there..Is there anything I could check to figure out whats the prob?

You should clear cmos first, before choosing optimized defaults in bios. (it changes all your manually tweaked bios setting) I suggest you do a cmos clear, choose optimized default again. Then go back into bios and setup as it was before.