Angry's Blog of Doom (or idiocy....take your pick)

Angry_Games

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other big thing for us Boomers is the fact that our parents always made us "clean your plate) with visions of starving kids in China or some exotic place. Guilt is a powerfull tool. To this day I have to manage my portions on my plate because without thinking I will eat every last morsel of food.

That is still one of the toughest habits to break, I feel really bad (not for starving kids) when I don't clean my plate. Lately I've been smarter in serving size though, helps a lot.

Though if I was in louisiana right now, I'd demolish anything set in front of me. I LOVE southern food.

And Thai...

And Mexican...

And ANYTHING barbequed....

Damn I'm hungry.

I love camping, hunting, and fishing... There isn't really a whole lot to do otherwise recreationally here in good ole WV. Campfire cooked apple or blueberry pie, roasted marshmallows, hot dogs, freshly sliced kettle cooked potato chips, fresh trout filet... I would live high on the hog if I had to live without all of the modern technologies... I love it!!

My boy scout troop when I was a kid would do a winter survival weekend. It always ended up cold as @#$%@ and numb in a lot of areas when we woke up, but it was always quite fun after we got moving. LOL!

i read somewhere that the average american leaves something like 27% of his food as waste when he's done eating

I think it's terrible...I always love eating at the chinese buffet and the workers/owners hassling dummies who take a giant mound of food then only eat like half of it and go back for more...if the owners see this they jump all over the customer's case (asians don't really care if you come back and spend your money most of the time if you can't follow rules and etiquette...)

Guest Joalaielna
i read somewhere that the average american leaves something like 27% of his food as waste when he's done eating

I think it's terrible...I always love eating at the chinese buffet and the workers/owners hassling dummies who take a giant mound of food then only eat like half of it and go back for more...if the owners see this they jump all over the customer's case (asians don't really care if you come back and spend your money most of the time if you can't follow rules and etiquette...)

OH MAN....Heading to CHinese Buffet now actually ...Be back later...Off to oodles of noodles... :)

Guest caffeinejunkie

You know whats funny there is a chinese buffet here were you actually get charged more for each plate you dont clear. But you cant beat having actual lobster and steak included w/ the buffet. I love that place.

actually, I know of a lot of chinese buffet places that will recycle unused food back into the buffet... :/

They really don't believe in waste, so to them, its perfectly alright to do this sort of thing.

actually, I know of a lot of chinese buffet places that will recycle unused food back into the buffet... :/

They really don't believe in waste, so to them, its perfectly alright to do this sort of thing.

um no

chinese buffets are watched too closely here and the owners from FL to Idaho would be offended to see you say this.

Thats pretty much what I would consider a stereotype and if you see it actually really truly happening, and you don't report it to the Health Dept, then you should feel ashamed and turn yourself in for aiding and abetting what is considered criminal behaivior.

So no, I don't believe you.

there was just a local chinese restaurant that was doing it and they were shut down by the health dept... their response was that they thought it was more wrong to waste it claiming cultural differences... sheeze... does everything have to be an argument? Sorry if I sounded like I was stereotyping. :confused:

The worst thing about it was that I had eaten there before. :/

Guest caffeinejunkie
um no

chinese buffets are watched too closely here and the owners from FL to Idaho would be offended to see you say this.

Thats pretty much what I would consider a stereotype and if you see it actually really truly happening, and you don't report it to the Health Dept, then you should feel ashamed and turn yourself in for aiding and abetting what is considered criminal behaivior.

So no, I don't believe you.

I believe it. There used to be a chinese resturaunt here that was far worse then that. I wont get into details but ill just say it closed because two of the cheifs got in an argument and one of them didnt come out alive.

grrrrrr

last night I was trying to get a test rig finished cuz my buddy came up from Twin Falls and we were gonna play some LAN games

all this NF4 Expert needed was drivers etc installed, so I grabbed my trusty Lexar 512MB USB2.0 memory stick that I've been using for a year that has all of the necessary drivers etc for my testing purposes...plugged it in...and it says unrecognizable device grrr

so I'm thinking this NF4 Expert is hosed...but yet it plays all the games just fine all night *until 4AM lol*

so today I am finishing up my Asus P5WD2-E Premium PentiumD system, and i plug in the USB stick to get network drivers...and it gives me same error

so I plug it into my rig

same error

plug it into brother's rig

same error

WTF

lol

apparently...I have killed it

Keep in mind that this stick gets plugged in average of 3 times per day minimum...some days it gets moved around in and out of machines 10+ times. It is more than a year old...

but

I am just sad that it has died...

I've never killed a memory stick before...usually technology kills it before I do (ie: remember the old, original 16MB sticks? They were outmoded by the newer USB1.1 sticks that held up to 128MB...I have one that is 64MB...it was killed by USB2.0 sticks that I bought to replace it that hold up to 512MB...)

*sigh*

so anyway, I just ordered a new one, and of course since I promote OCZ so much I thought I would actually buy something OCZ instead of begging OCZ to send it to me for free hahaha

so this is the one i ordered:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820203003

I really wanted this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820227111

but I don't know that there's any difference in the two...

I trust that my OCZ USB2.0 1GB memory stick will last me at least as long as the warranty is good for lol

oooh...I just noticed it has a LIFETIME warranty...now how long before I abuse that lol

I wonder if my Lexar has any warranty left...honestly don't care but i should go find out yeah?