Angry's Blog of Doom (or idiocy....take your pick)

Angry_Games

just in case you weren't sure wev, I agree with you. Apathetic, lazy, stupid, greedy american habits are the problem.

sure sure, not everyone is like this, but the problem is, a lot of people don't think they are this type of person, but they are because they continue to buy from wal-mart, they continue to buy PUV's (Pollution Utility Vehicles), etc.

They say they too want change and to make the country better, but they aren't about to give up their bad habits.

On top of that, with all of the tiny but screaming-the-loudest little special interest groups that will sue you at the drop of a hat help keep us polarized from making any real headway to changing our empire that is entering it's twilight years...

like me (who is about to go play Titan Quest instead of helping to find a solution lol)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in the day natural selection sorted out the sick and weak, so only the strongest would survive to breed, creating offspring that is more likely to be strong and healthy. With our medical advances these days, people are living too long and medical problems are getting "patched" rather than fixed. DNA defects and other health problems are getting passed on to our children who breed with other sick people; creating children who are even more likely to have health problems. I've never seen a bunch of sick people like americans, for example; I know more people who have asthma than people who don't have it, which is pretty sad. I never even saw an asthma pump until I moved here, and I see them almost daily now. Don't get me wrong, I believe advances in the medical field are great and appreciate them greatly. I can't blame science for making new advances, it's human nature to always take things to the next level, as we are never satisfied (unless you're a buddhist monk). It's up to the individual to make the "right" choices, but obviously bad choices are made every day. Blah, blah, blah.......I am done, I guess.

I also believe that there is no point in living, if quality of life is next to zero, and I definately am pro assisted suicide (for medical reasons).

I also believe that there is no point in living, if quality of life is next to zero, and I definately am pro assisted suicide (for medical reasons).

Be aware that quality of life is extremely difficult to measure. What you view as zero quality today might be enough to make you hungry for life under other circumstances. Since our wellbeing is largely influenced by our mental state, physical suffering might have a secondary status. That's why these issues are so difficult, because there isn't any universal quality of life.

The medical world is another dilema, they know there isnt any money in cures so they are not gonna rush out to drug stores with a 1 time miracle cure for diabetes or asthma or anything else for that matter. just look at the crap they advertise on the TV 9 times out of 10 your better just keeping the illness you have and just dealing with it instead of taking some drug thats gonna give you worse side effects than your original illness or even kill you.

If they can keep you on a pill for the rest of your life well thats just good business.

We have doctors that push pills like drug dealers because they get huge commisions when they do. No one really cares anymore not even the media when it stops selling newspapers they move on to something else. For the people that get up off their butt and go to places where there are starving and dying men, women and children and help with every penny they have those are the bravest people in this country, far braver than any soldier.

they know there isnt any money in cures so they are not gonna rush out to drug stores with a 1 time miracle cure for diabetes or asthma or anything else for that matter

bam! (Tough acting Tinactin!) heh

sounds just like Chris Rock...there's no money in the cure

We have doctors that push pills like drug dealers because they get huge commisions when they do.

true again...it is sad how much influence this arm (drug companies) of big business has

No one really cares anymore not even the media when it stops selling newspapers they move on to something else

ExRoadie has the perfect descriptor for them:

"Drive-By Media"

For the people that get up off their butt and go to places where there are starving and dying men, women and children and help with every penny they have those are the bravest people in this country, far braver than any soldier.

as much as I hate liberal crybaby actors from Hollywood, I got to give respect to Angelina for at least making the effort to wake us up to this (but she and others should be doing this at home for Americans first...because we have our own problems here that need to be taken care of before we go tackling the world's problems)

far braver than any soldier.

Have you ever been a soldier? Have you ever been in a fire zone with someone shooting at your butt? Have you ever seen a buddy lose half a leg when a frag grenade landed approx. 10m away. How about a friend or two (or even a family member) that drove their Humvee over an IED and got blasted to kindom come?

Now I don't have any quarrel with brave men and women that travel to dangerous countries handing out humanitarian aid, running free medical and dental clinics, providing food water, inoculations etc (a bunch of which is financed by who - the United States or the UN - and who is the biggest financial contributor to the UN - the United States)

Now that's the great thing about this country. All of the current men and women in our armed forces, and all of those that fought before them, for your right to publicly say someone else is braver than a soldier. You should be thankful for soldiers, because if it weren't for them you probably wouldn't be sitting at your computer (in a country where per capita we have more average joes and janes with a computer and internet access that almost any other country in the world).

You'd be out plowing a rice field somewhere making about three hundred dollars a month, and of course that's after you finished your MANDANTORY military service.

How is it still requiring fossil fuel to make engines that run on water? The hydrogen producing machines that I saw were run on electricity (like very high current, very low voltage through a transformer er maybe that is reversed) and only used water. I don't understand... :confused:

yep

also

keep in mind that the engines and combustion chambers etc themselves are quite efficient...but it still costs more to actually make the base fuel than is efficient...ie it still requires something like more in the cost of gasoline or other fossile fuels to make the hydrogen stuff...so there's no real reason to change yet (because you don't want something that creates pollution to manafacture just to get rid of pollution lol...thats like a double-negative or something)

To power the Hydrogen car you need fuel from a source that requires the consumption of fossil fuels.

As of last year, over 85% of our energy was provided by consuming fossil fuels. Now all of this was not converted to electricity since some was gas for cars, consumed by Gas Appliances and burning Fuel Oil and Natural Gas in furnaces and Steam Generators including .

Converting to Hydrogen powered vehicles would simply change the consumption curve to power plants instead of vehicles.

Here's where it gets ugly.

You will actually be consuming the same amount of energy if not more. The fossil fuels will be converted to Hydrogen by applying electric power generated to the conversion process which has a lower efficiency than the typical internal combustion engine.

Plus, existing electric power plants can barely sustain the current electric power consumption. Hydrogen conversion would require the building of twice as many power plants as we currently have.

But there is an upside. By moving the consumption of fossil fuels to central locations like an electric generation facility, you can better control the combustion process and reduce the output of pollutants.

Source material...

http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/mer/pdf/pages/sec1_7.pdf

How is it still requiring fossil fuel to make engines that run on water? The hydrogen producing machines that I saw were run on electricity (like very high current, very low voltage through a transformer er maybe that is reversed) and only used water. I don't understand... :confused:

because it takes fossil fuels to convert the HYDROGEN that is used as a fuel source in hydrogen engines

you don't just put water in a tank and go...

edit: ExRoadie said it before and better than I did