Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

Angry's Blog of Doom (or idiocy....take your pick)

What are your beliefs / feelings / personal experience towards MSG?

I could go on this big long rant about food and what is and isn't good for you (supposedly)

I remember drinking milk milk milk milk milk as a kid

all the time

and then OMG they come on tv and say how maybe milk isn't so good for you!!!

then they come out a year after and say oh no milk is real good for you

then a year later they are back to milk being not so good for you

this is good for you...no it isnt...oh wait yes it is...no wait it isn't....yes it is...no it isn't....

ARGH MAKE UP YOUR #%@#$ MINDS SCIENTIST PLEASE

you know what?

I eat what I want to eat

I'm pretty sure greasy bacon is not so good for you and I don't eat it for that reason other than a few strips once in a blue moon with breakfast at a restaraunt (so maybe twice a year tops)

I'm pretty sure eggs ARE good for you but I also am sure they are high in cholesterol so I don't eat them as much, but I do like hard boiled eggs (and I almost never eat the yolk anyway, just the whites)

etc etc

food is food man

if you eat too much of a certain thing like Big Macs, it is bad for you

if you don't eat enough of certain foods, like veggies, it is bad for you

if you eat stir fry every night and pump it full of MSG, I'm pretty sure it is bad for you

if you eat stir fry once a week and use MSG, then I'm pretty sure it's not all that bad for you (assuming you get off your duff and exercise a little lol)

I just don't listen to the news anymore because they are always changing their minds about what foods are good and what foods are bad for you...its almost like global warming and no one can agree so they can kiss my you know what because I'm gonna eat what momma cooks, and momma cooks unprocessed foods and whole foods and organic foods these days.

We eat fresh or fresh-frozen stuff. We try not to eat canned because its full of salt/preservatives (and in the case of tuna...lots O' mercury lol...which is probably what makes it taste so good in sandwiches...along with bits of dolphin I suppose).

We eat whole grains and she makes her own bread (nothing better than fresh, hot, homemade bread!).

Lets put it this way

I am 6' 3" and weighed, since the time I was 16 and hit this height, to about 2 years ago when she really got into the healthy cooking thing...about 155-160.

Yes...extremely skinny.

I was a cig smoker, but I never exercised. I ate junk food all the time, fast food, crap food.

Then momma started cooking real meals with real foods and all of the sudden in January I weighed 200 pounds.

I quit smoking and started playing hockey to help subsidize this new healthy weight gain, and for the last 3 months I've been a steady 180 pounds, and never felt better in my life (and I'm more regular than I have ever been thanks to good food and a Starbucks coffee per day lol)

HappY-Games and Momma,

What exactly do you two do for DFI to get paid for it?

momma gets paid to take abuse from me and do my laundry and cook my meals

(ie she doesn't get paid, she's simply my future wife and I am putting her through school so I can get a better job one day when she's getting a regular paycheck)

if you read any of the Important Info stickies (like the rules) you'd know that I am the DFI support manager and also the owner of this site who pays for it out of his own pocket.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Factory_farming

Do you think the food today is 'unhealthy' compared to your good old days?

food is food

if you eat foods that are processed it is bad in quantity

food grown in the ground?

how can food grown naturally be bad for you? (I've never understood those who try to make some distinction in how food that comes out of the ground could be bad for you unless it is tainted with mercury or lead or some nasty bit)

Happy,

Didn't Lewis Black do that same rant about eggs?

And how at first eggs weren't healthy...

Then they were...

then they said that the whites were good...

Then they were only good if eaten with...WILL YOU MAAKE UP YOUR MINDS ITS BREAKFAST AND I"M HUNGRY!

Happy,

Didn't Lewis Black do that same rant about eggs?

And how at first eggs weren't healthy...

Then they were...

then they said that the whites were good...

Then they were only good if eaten with...WILL YOU MAAKE UP YOUR MINDS ITS BREAKFAST AND I"M HUNGRY!

heh

Lewis Black does all kinds of awesome rants

his best one is about how americans are the biggest bunch of jerks on the planet...we are the only country that goes around pushing it in everyone's face that we are 'the greatest country on earth'

lol

its true too...except for actually being the greatest country on earth (I'm afraid that if we don't change and change soon, we'll all look back at this as being the twilight of America's power and the beginning of the decline as no country respects us anymore...maybe us as people still, but defintely not our government...and with Europe moving quickly to unite finally after thousand plus years of war, and China becoming the top economic and manufacturing power on the planet...I already can imagine the future history books and what they might say)

I agree with with ya totally on that one Happy, Ireland is starting to look pretty dang good...

momma and I are looking at Canada lol

no

we go outdoor climbing (since where we live in Idaho and where we used to live in Idaho = Hell's Canyon, Snake River Canyon, all of the mountains you can possibly climb from Idaho City to Sun Valley and beyond, City of Rocks, etc)

looks like Idoho is not so dull after all :drool:

looks like Idoho is not so dull after all :drool:

ya it's pretty dull

but we make it that way

it's dull and we like it...I hate the big cities and the always-rushing-like-it-is-an-emergency frame of mind you get in the big cities.

It's dull in Idaho until you decide to go do something and then it's not so dull.

In big cities...its always hectic or annoying or dirty etc...here its just lazy until you stop being lazy lol

what do you think of male's getting pregnant?

http://www.malepregnancy.com/

I guess if they really want to more power to them but seriously do we need more people to help populate an overpopulated world? I think research and time could be spent on a much more worthy cause than impregnating a man but I guess I am not in charge of the money.

I guess if they really want to more power to them but seriously do we need more people to help populate an overpopulated world? I think research and time could be spent on a much more worthy cause than impregnating a man but I guess I am not in charge of the money.

amen sister

spend that money to feed the poor, or help refugees from war-torn countries etc