30 second delay between post and windows screen. HELP

Not sure how your Western Digital is set up, but I also had an issue earlier with a Western Digital.

My main hard drive was a SATA drive. My other hard drive was an old IDE Western Digital which was by itself on IDE 2 and set up as master. I had my DVD and CD on IDE 1, set up as master/slave.

The only way I could get passed the system hanging was to change the Old IDE Western Digital to "slave" even though it is by itself of IDE 2.

There is also a thread by Angry somewhere that talks about the Western Digitals, I think you are suppose remove the jumper if it is by itself otherwise it may hang. I have not been back in to do that since I have not had an issue since changing it to slave.

bump for afterwork people

Sometimes when windows is taking a long time is because it's trying to find an IP address via DHCP.

1. Confirm only one NIC is 'on'.

2. Try disabling your NIC and reboot, see if the boot time is any different.

Please remember how to reenable it to talk to us again :)

If DHCP is the problem, we can work from there. Also, look in your system logs right after boot, see if anything is erroring out.

When yall are saying to disable you are meaning disable in advance bios features as boot devices right??

Right, and when you set the jumpers correctly on your drives, you probably have to look at the bios boot order of the hard drives because the relationship has changed.

Set jumpers right, then change boot order in bios to adapt to new settings.