Please help!!!!! 2 wires to go!

They are not for for case lights.

The l-out, r-out, l-ret, r-ret and ground are the front panel audio connections.

l-out is left channel, r-out is right channel, l-ret is left rear channel and r-ret is right rear channel. Connect them to the Karajan module..Same with the mic wires..into the Karajan module.

If you're using the front panel audio ports with return, you can remove the jumpers from the Karajan audio module and plug the cables from the front panel in.

The jumpers on the audio module route the sound to the rear ports. When you remove them you must have a front panel that supports audio return. This way the sound is routed to the front then to the rear ports. When you plug headphones into the front jack, it breaks the return and the rear ports are cut off.

Ah, that's good to know. I've been avoiding the front panel audio only because my first experience with them was that after I hook up the front audio, the rear doesnt work AT ALL.

Maybe the case makers are smarter now, creating a way to short out what the jumpers did when the front jacks are not in use.

I'd like to give that a try when I get that mobo back into my case (bigger problem to fry right now - chipset seems to be overheating). Of course, the front audio wires are too short to reach the karajen module, so I will have to figure a way out.

PS: Has Creative smarten-up and have front-audio connectors for their X-Fi? I don't mean the box that goes into a free bay, but just the connectors for front audio jacks that already exists on a case.