No Video - 1 DIAG LED, 1 Long Beep, 2 Short

I have a brand new system. Everything! from the Case+PSU to the DVD-Rom drive, all ordered for newegg.com

I have an Powercolor ATI x800XL Dual DVI video card and am getting no output from it.

I have not yet been able to get my computer to boot at all. I have been trying to find a pci video card and see if i can get it to post that way but so far no luck.

The LED indicators show it stoping on VGA Detect (1 LED on) and i also get the Beeps indicating there is a video error.

I have tried using the DVI to Analog adapter that came with the card but it gives the same results.

I have tried the video card in another computer which has onboard video as well as PCI-E slot and it worked fine so i know the video card is good. The PSU is enough to power it as well. Memory checks out as good in other PC's.

I am frustrated and stuck. Only thing I can think of is RMA the motherboard but I really don't know that it will fix anything plus I don't want to wait a week for a replacement.

Anyone have any ideas?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the last step according to that guide i did would be

9. Connect keyboard and mouse.

Since I can't get video, I can't enter the bios.

I have tried both in and out of the case with only 1 stick of MEM, the CPU, and PSU connected and had the same results.

I can pull the video card off the MB and it still stops in the same place. LED indicators have 1 lit and i get 1 long beep followed by 2 short.

I can't really follow any of the other steps in that post as i have not been able to get anything on screen yet.

I have put more computers together than I can count so i wouldn't say I am new to any of this but have never come across a problem like this I couldn't solve.

I will pull it all apart again after work and start again. I have already tried everything I can think of for the last 2 days with no luck and really feel like this little guy looks -> :drool:

I have some new G.Skill mem that i can try.

I just already had 1GB of Kingston so I swapped the new 1GB G.Skill with the ram in another pc so i could have 2GB (4x512) Kingston and keep the ram all the same.

Will try just 1 of the G.Skill sticks in the orange slot as soon as I get home.

I was passing the mem part of the diag (even with all 4 sticks in) so i didn't think to try different ram.

Here is the PSU ATX-AS500W-BK

http://aspireusa.net/product.php?pid=16&xc...9612de5deee2d75

From what I have read that PSU should be enough.

BTW, if I remember correctly (i might be wrong though):

4 leds: cpu not detected

3 leds: cpu detected, ram not detected

2 leds: cpu detected, ram detected, vid card not detected

1 led: cpu detected, ram detected, vid card detected, booting (sometimes no boot and stays in 1 red position like in ur situation)

But please check the manual or do some research here.

Ouch PSU's get pricey. I wouldn't mind getting a new one for this PC but I have already spent most my money! ;)

Those LED diagnostics get confusing because i don't know if the 1 LED means "Detecting" or "Detected" VGA.

I assume it's "detecting" because it stops in the same place if i have no videocard attached.

Once the LED's have cleared it should be at it's boot state according to the manual.

Thanks for the help guys. I hope i go home and things just work!

Not going to deny the Aspire sucks but it "should" be enough to get it up and going.

I had the same problem a couple days before Christmas, it would stop on one light but I would get the lnp logo and could not get into the bios. Receive some new ram on Christmas and every thing booted fine. Ended up being the value ram that I had.

Read through this post from Angry_Games, it has some info on value ram you need to read.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...09&postcount=15

OK back to BASICs

Right now the motherboard is not mounted in it's case.

I have 1 512 stick of G.Skill in Slot2 (Orange) [Have also tried 1 512 Kingston with same results]

I have the CPU Mounted and fan connected.

I have my ATI X800XL installed in the 1st PCI-E 16x Slot

I have my monitor hooked up.

Only Jumper I have messed with on the board is the enable speaker jumper.

I get 1 Diag LED left and 1 long beep followed by 2 short beeps. (Video Prob)

Video card works fine in another PC.

Anyone?