Sign in to follow this  
esulin

Nvidia firewall BSOD crash on NVTcp.sys

Hey all,

I started getting BSOD crashes on my comp a while ago, and I just figured out that they where caused by NVTcp.sys, which is part of the NVidia Armour firewall.

It seems that this is a quite common problem, and after some reasearch I turned off the firewall and things seem to be working fine. Although not enough time has passed to be certain.

In any case, the problem is that I want to use the hardware firewall because I don't like how much resources software firewalls eat up.

Have any solutions been provided by Nvidia for this problem, or work-arounds that the community has figured out?

- Esulin

So I shell out 200$ for a top of the line mobo and it doesn't even friggin work as it should? Am I the only one pissed off as hell around here?

And I know it's not DFI's fault, before someone starts pointing that out, but that doesn't change the fact that because of nVidia the DFI product doesn't work. If I was DFI I'd be down nVidia's neck to fix the problem.

BTW, I tried nVidia's drivers but those just completely screwed the firewall which doesn't even load now (on a clean install of winXP).

I would be - battling my own set of issues now (see sig for thread). I wasn't really sure how the hardware firewall works, actually. I never use any firewalls except for the SP2 built-in and a router.

I really wanted to give this built-in nVidia firewall a try.

Zonealarm works well and doesnt slow things down too much peer gaurdian also does many of the duties you want but there really is nobetter way than a router..... except a dedicated gateway computer with lunix I suppose. Do a search in the off topic forum.