Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

Nvidia Nforce4 "F6" RAID Driver Diskette files

Okay but I'am talking of the WINXP 32bit normal version. It sure works not bad with the old drivers, but do I really have to use drivers that a over a year old ?

i use the board floppy disk for the 32bits version only, for the 64bits just download from the dfi site.

if the "one year old drivers" works why try to find other?

thanks

i use the board floppy disk for the 32bits version only, for the 64bits just download from the dfi site.

if the "one year old drivers" works why try to find other?

thanks

Be aware of this :

You attemt to load win xp 32 or 64 bits OS onto the raid using F6 and floppy with drivers . (say floppy has 32bits nvraid/nvide 5.10.2600.479 version)

Then after windowsxp32 is loaded you are going to load e.g 6.70 driver package for your install . (included in this is nvraid/nvide 5.10.2600.522 version )

What happens when you run the 6.70 package is :

ide drivers are updated to 5.10.2600.522 .

Nvraid drivers (nvraid.sys) doesn't update , beeing stuck on 5.10.2600.479 .

nvraid/nvide drivers are supposed to match or unpredictible system

stability can appear.

Even nvide/nvraid rom version in bios play a role here with what drivers

you are supposed to run .

So the point is :

Always use the same version of the drivers on floppy as the one you have

embedded in the chipset setup package you plan running after windows is installed .

Edit : Found some references to this @ MFSN.org

When having raidbios 4.84 , the drivers need to be 5.10.2600.484 or higher , 552 is reported ok as for success in installing.

Actually DFI should update the nvide/nvraid rom (new bios) simultaniously with

each new nvidia driverset that's released to avoid nvraid/ide conflicts and problems.

Theese three are tied together | nvide/nvraid rom | nvide driver | nvraid driver |

Optimal is to run same version on all of them .

Be aware of this :

You attemt to load win xp 32 or 64 bits OS onto the raid using F6 and floppy with drivers . (say floppy has 32bits nvraid/nvide 5.10.2600.479 version)

Then after windowsxp32 is loaded you are going to load e.g 6.70 driver package for your install . (included in this is nvraid/nvide 5.10.2600.522 version )

What happens when you run the 6.70 package is :

ide drivers are updated to 5.10.2600.522 .

Nvraid drivers (nvraid.sys) doesn't update , beeing stuck on 5.10.2600.479 .

nvraid/nvide drivers are supposed to match or unpredictible system

stability can appear.

Even nvide/nvraid rom version in bios play a role here with what drivers

you are supposed to run .

So the point is :

Always use the same version of the drivers on floppy as the one you have

embedded in the chipset setup package you plan running after windows is installed .

I would like to politely disagree...

I routinely install WinXP using the DFI-provided RAID driver diskette. I then upgrade to the 6.70 driver package. nvraid.sys is reported as version 5.10.2600.552 (viewing now in Device Manager).

So, to those reading this, IMO you can use the DFI diskette and correctly upgrade afterwards.

Okay thats a bit offtopic in here guys ...

Just want to report that the drivers posted in the frist post, DONT WORK !

I cannot recommend to install those drivers ! Windows will find the Drivers on the Diskette and you can load them with no problems and after a while you enter the GUI Install. And it's true, this annoying prompt for the "raidmgmt.ini" is gone. The Installation goes on, but close to the end it all goes wrong ...

On the left side you see a counter that displays the approximate time until installation finish, when there were only 7 or 6 minutes left, the GUI Install suddenly stopped and the PC rebooted. I thought: Ok bullnuts but lets see what happens ... Nothing ! It boots up and shows you the Windows loading screen and then at the point where you normally see the loginmask or desktop(if you have no passwordprotected account) the screen went black and the rig reboots after a few seconds ! This goes like a loop and he will never boot into windows and always stuck at that point. I tried everything, other Biossettings, biosdefaults ( of course RAID enabled) and all that fun, changed boot sequency etc. but nothing worked, same problem.

Then I booted from the windows CD (and loaded again the raiddrivers of course) and repaired the wininstall with the, yes who could have imagined that, repair function. It basically erases all the Windows installationfiles from the Harddrive and guides you again through the installation process. But the same . as mentioned above happenend again.

I was really mad at that point and then reinstalled windows again, this time using the old floppydriverdisc, that also contains the raidmgmt.ini and I know sit here at my PC and everything works fine. He ended the GUI Install where it normally should end and then booted fine into windows !

>>> DO NOT USE THESE RAIDDRIVER <<<

I would like to politely disagree...

I routinely install WinXP using the DFI-provided RAID driver diskette. I then upgrade to the 6.70 driver package. nvraid.sys is reported as version 5.10.2600.552 (viewing now in Device Manager).

So, to those reading this, IMO you can use the DFI diskette and correctly upgrade afterwards.

Okay , that is good news . My last raid was run on NF3 Ultra and then the nvidia installer

skipped the nvraid controller driver update (had to manually update it through dev man afterwards) .

But this still doesn't fit like a hand in a glove .

BIOS nvraid rom is still gen 4 (4.84) and drivers another gen .

This doesn't make sense , and is probably why we have all those xp install issues like explained in the previous post .

Looked at MSI site on latest bios for K8N Diamond and K8N SLI Platinum have

bios with updated nvraid rom to 5.27 . (gen 5) .

I'm quite sure there is compability issues between non matched nvraid.rom

and drivers. (it was issues with it before with xp install , and seems it still is with mismatch)

Hard to know though who might work and who does not .

Appearently 4.79 drivers (driver in the DFI box) works with bios nvraidrom 4.84 .

I also suspect having native sata300 drives vs bridged/native sata150 drives also play a role .

What the last members have written, is totally correct. The 32-bit drivers Angry Games has offered, do not work with all systems, because they contain the newest SataRaid drivers (v. 5.52).

If you want to install Windows XP onto an nForce Raid array by using the F6/floppy method, you should take the drivers from a package lower than 6.66.

Reason: The new nForce Raid drivers (even if they are WHQL-certified) are not accepted by the MS setup routine during the second (GUI) part of the installation. At the end of the install you get endless reboots, because MS had installed the wrong MS IDE standard drivers.

There are only 2 possibilities to prevent this behaviour:

Option 1: You install XP with F6 using a floppy with an "old" SataRaid driver version and update the drivers later. The best "old" SataRaid drivers suitable for the F6 install on nForce4 boards you will find within the nForce packages 6.53 (32-bit) and 6.56 (64-bit). If you want to create your own RAID driver floppy, do the following: download the package you need (32-bit or 64-bit) and copy all files you will find within the IDEWinXP folder (the RAIDTOOL subfolder is not needed) onto a formatted floppy.

Option B: You integrate the actual nForce SataRaid drivers into a bootable CD by using a tool like nLite (Guide: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=&sho...ndpost&p=356029). nLite has incorporated a system to prevent the install of the wrong MS drivers.

CU

Fernando

thanks Fernando, thats very interesting and proves my problem. I will update the raiddrivers manual. Thanks man :D

btw the link doesnt work.

I still think DFI should make several floppy images to make a F6 disk on their download page . Then I think they should look in the laterst driver sets/kit received from nvidia or request them for the latest . Then recompile new bioses updated with latest nvraid.rom .

Then to put a stop to all this xp textbased setup nonsene and place the following on their download web (not just hidden in a thread somewhere in theese forums) .

Floppy image for F6 textbased setup XP32bits for BIOS revisions abc->def download link -> xxx

Floppy image for F6 textbased setup XP32bits for BIOS revisions ghi->.... download link -> yyy

Floppy image for F6 textbased setup XP64bits for BIOS revisions abc->def download link -> xxx

Floppy image for F6 textbased setup XP64bits for BIOS revisions ghi->.... download link -> yyy

No one else have done this , DFI can now be first in the class taking the lead , and get a star or two .

Everyone is pulling their hair out over this again and again and it's the same with all nvidia

NF4 board vendors .

I still think DFI should make several floppy images to make a F6 disk on their download page . Then I think they should look in the laterst driver sets/kit received from nvidia or request them for the latest . Then recompile new bioses updated with latest nvraid.rom .

Then to put a stop to all this xp textbased setup nonsene and place the following on their download web (not just hidden in a thread somewhere in theese forums) .

Floppy image for F6 textbased setup XP32bits for BIOS revisions abc->def download link -> xxx

Floppy image for F6 textbased setup XP32bits for BIOS revisions ghi->.... download link -> yyy

Floppy image for F6 textbased setup XP64bits for BIOS revisions abc->def download link -> xxx

Floppy image for F6 textbased setup XP64bits for BIOS revisions ghi->.... download link -> yyy

No one else have done this , DFI can now be first in the class taking the lead , and get a star or two .

Everyone is pulling their hair out over this again and again and it's the same with all nvidia

NF4 board vendors .

I vote for this. :)

The latest nVidia nF4 Chipset driver is still 6.66 at DFI's offical web page.

*sigh*

as usual, what works for one person does not work for everyone so I will just remove this thread from sticky.

I tested and retested both of these floppy drivers at least 6 times (32-bit) and at least 3 times (64-bit) over the last few days and they work flawlessly in all installations on all different combinations of hardware for me. I can flawlessly repeat installation from scratch as many times as necessary.

but since they apparently don't work for everyone (and I only use these floppy drivers and 6.70 chipset drivers) then it is pointless to even have the thread.

Everyone that cannot get the F6 floppy drivers from dfi.com.tw to work needs to email [email protected] and complain to them to begin hosting real working drivers.

And if you get a reply that states the drivers work then you need to be prepared to prove to them that they do indeed NOT work and then be prepared to be exact and as informative as you can about what DOES work.

Maybe they will get the confusion cleared up and then we can not have to worry about this anymore (as it has been a big problem for at least 6 months with hosed F6 drivers on the dfi.com.tw official downloads pages)