Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

Nvidia Nforce4 "F6" RAID Driver Diskette files

since there has been much confusion, along with a lot of non-working drivers from dfi.com.tw, I have uploaded both the regular 32-bit RAID F6 driver floppy files, as well as the 64-bit WindowsXP F6 driver floppy files.

Both of these have been tested, and both are working properly.

http://www.review-street.com/modules.php?n...wdownload&cid=5

Hmm great, this thread pops up at the right time for me.

But what is the "raidmgmt.ini" file that windows prompts for, that is not contained in the driver you posted.

nf4_raid0-20.jpg

On page 3 of your Raidtutorial ..

When I use the drivers of your link, there won't be a radmgmt.ini on my floppy, do I still have to say A: when it's prompts for the file ?

"It says it cannot find the 'raidmgmt.ini' file. The location is what is above...so just manually enter

A: and then hit OK:

It will do this a few times (about 5 times for me), but it will always find the drivers on the floppy..."

But this time it won't find that driver right ? Will there be no problems ? On an older raiddriverdiskette for the DFI, I have this raidmgmt.ini.

So what to do ?

sorry for my bad english ...

edit: and how should the diskette be formatted ?

i need to update that RAID tutorial for the NF4 Lanparty

the drivers that I have uploaded to Review-Street do have this minor annoyance.

The drivers I uploaded conform more to the DAGF/Infinity RAID tutorial (which is honestly the exact same as the Lanparty)

http://www.angrygames.com/DAGF-1.htm

only real difference there is that I am using an 80GB SATA + 80GB PATA drive for RAID...other than that the RAID setup and installation is the same

Are these version 5.22 from the nForce 4 AMD version 6.7 driverset?

I created my own from that driver set and it seems to work better.

Just curious if the 64-bit ones are compiled from both a 64 bit version and 32 bit version--thats the only way I could get mine to work properly. I know a lot of people have different problems with 64-bit RAID installs, so maybe my way was just one of many.

this driver set isnt working for everyone, windows installs fine but upon first boot up.. it never boots and goes into an infinite "restarting" loop.

Thats what I did too, but I never tried a floppy with all the correct files. I wonder if windows still tries to replace that one that isn't whql certified?

Well Angry says it works, and I trust him in any case.

I should upload mine just to see if anyone have issues with that one. I created mine from the 6.7 driver set (v5.22 from the individual nvraid driver). I also used the reference drivers from Silicon Image's site.

Seems to work fine except it asks for the files (just like your screenshot). however, the files are on the floppy, so all you have to do is point it back to A:nvidia and you're fine.

Anyway to upload a ZIP file of my floppy? no need to make an image - just a non-bootable standard format 1.44 MB floppy with driver files.

i need to update that RAID tutorial for the NF4 Lanparty

the drivers that I have uploaded to Review-Street do have this minor annoyance.

SO does that mean you will update newer drivers on review street that contain the raidgmt.ini ?!

Or can I just use these Files vom reviewstreet and put it on an empty floppydisc and use them for a new wininstall with nvidia RAID ? And when the point comes where windows prompts for the raidgmt.ini at the GUI Install, do I still have to say it's on A: and will the setup just accept it after pressing OK vie or more times ? Because it's not included on your drivers, just want to know this.

Because I don't want to install everything new and then at the point where he prompts again for the raiddrivers in the GUI Install and can't find the raidmgmt.ini, will he just stop installation and won't go on ?

Or can i copy the raidmgmt.ini and NF4-sata.bmp from an older floppy on the newer floppydrivers and everything will work fine ?? Just want to know.

I also don't get the use of this raidmgmt.ini, because it's source is plain stupid:

"[imageFile]

Name=nF4-sata.bmp

[0054.0]

StartX=282

StartY=273

Height=42

Length=126

[0055.0]

StartX=151

StartY=283

Height=42

Length=126

[0054.1]

StartX=282

StartY=318

Height=42

Length=126

[0055.1]

StartX=151

StartY=328

Height=42

Length=126"

and the nf4-sata.bmp is of course also on the old floppy disc, it's a picture of the S-ATA Plugs region on the board.

This is completely useless ?! why do windows need these files ?

just to know, i have used the floppy disk that come with the board to install 2xraptor raid0 and work´s fine.

also install win64 with the drivers in the dfi ultra-d official site and make the disk, is working without any problems.

Okay but I'am talking of the WINXP 32bit normal version. It sure works not bad with the old drivers, but do I really have to use drivers that a over a year old ?