Odd occurance

Seanohue

That is a waterblock. There must be something else causing instability. I find that a high HTT causes my overclock to fail. Right not, I am running the stock 11X CPU divider and the ram is running 1:1. The HTT is set to 255 and everything is working excellent. If I drop the CPU divider to 10X and set the ram to 166MHz and then set the HTT to 280, I fail prime/OCCT/32M and whatever else. Those settings even are making the ram run slower! So, I have stuck to the lower HTT and higher clocks and it works well for me. Try that out and see if it helps you. I also need less volts at a lower HTT and get less heat out of my entire system, cpu/ram/chipset.

What voltage is your ram on? If its low, try upping it to 2.8-2.9.

Memtest doesn't really stress the ram enough, and neither do cpu tests like occt and prime95..... so its possible the first real stress your ram encountered was when you loaded a game.

Well, I'd also still point to ram issues and can only suggest to run a crazy low ram multi like 133MHz and see if it passes. If so, gradually increase it and see the limit on where it passes. I find that teh MAX ASYNC LATENCY being set too low cause me the most issues of any setting. I need to run it around 9 to keep things stable.