Change some settings, RMA something, what?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been playing around a bit more......

OCCT: fails twice and then completes the 3rd time.

Prime95: Small FFT's and In-place large FFT's will run fine, but the custom blend test will fail within minutes no matter what.

3dmark01, 03, & 05: All run to completion with score as follows: 24k+, 17.5k+, 7.5k+

8 pin power adapter is now installed, all connections have been rechecked. Random restarts were traced to video drivers, updated them and restarts are gone. About to go install some games and start playing to see what happens. Will try FEAR and Sniper Elite first and report back

Try to prime with only one stick of ram installed.. If it fails then test it with the other stick of ram.. Since your passing small FFT's and In-place large FFT's but failing blend it makes me with the instability is with your ram..

btw.. please read the rules !!

Will try with one stick and see what happens.

Should I use the orange slot furthest from the cpu for that testing?

Sorry! I forgot about the 800 x 600 limit in my frustration at it not working and at my haste to get some help and provide as much info as possible.

Does this mean it's either time to RMA my ram or go for a new 2gb kit?

I wouldnt jump to that conclusion yet (unless you need a reason to buy 2gig's..lol).. Once you done with one stick try this with the other and report back with your results..

lol.....it's always good to have a justification for an upgrade, right? right? :)

How long should I let it run on each stick, or is the fact that it's been going a lot longer than it ever has with both sticks in reason enough to swap them and test the second stick now?

I had the same problem ..... one stick at a time stable, It took alot of messing with timings and dram voltage to get both working so even though I can't tell you which settings it is it does sound like it is a "tuning" issue your dealing with not bad components