UTT-BH5 and nf2

Memory sticks with these IC's and nf2. (First ya's get abit of a storey as best as I can remember anyway) When I first found DFI-Street I was running an asus a7n8x-e deluxe. With my mobile and some Mushkin retail memory.(Mushkin retail is good stuff!) I bought this memory (OCZ EL DDR pc3500 gold GX Dual ch)because of glowing nf4 reviews and 1 really old nf2 review posted when the IC's were diffrent.(+I saw "Shinobi's" sig an said WOW! he's doin' great!) Then I just ordered without askin' anyone in the know.(I know better now!!!) So to get 210 semi stable for a psuedo toaster (with that board)I had to use 2.0-3-2-11 timings. And vdimm 2.9 w/ a Trats t1 modded bios.(T2 bios no help at all really.) The asus would post- loop@220fsb. I got my infinity and it would boot wind-deer's @235some superpi's. But long and the short of it was still 210 was about max for any stability. So I kinda' gave up on it for awhile. Ordered some VX. As very few poeple have been able to get any better results.(Most much much worse usually barely 200 if lucky!!) Except TheWizard (240fsb)and "SteelBallz"=(Sparky")@235fsb T1 and Uwackme 220-T2 I think. And some other's @extreamsystems. 1 250fsb@ t2 there.

So anyway back to my storey. While my vx was out for rma I thought I'd play with the stuff some more.(I'd forgottin my alpha's were mamually entered for the VX auto setting)3-3-5-3-2-2-3. And did this. It passes 32meg superpi's (I thought it was t(RC)+9 did it LOL)too.uttbh52253fs.th.jpg I kinda' thought it was stable after that. But then it would fail S&M memory test and bsod-restart aquamark3. Changing the T(W2P) To 6 aquamark passes. Still running memtest5 loops(only a few errors per pass) After about an hour I get an unexpected interrupt error system halted. So now my alpha's are 3-3-6-3-2-2-3 instead of auto's setting of 3-2-5-3-2-2-3 for these sticks. I kinda doubt there is much hope for the asus poeple, But for LPB-and Infinity owners stability maybe possible. Beyond 200-210 Which seem's to be about it on auto for most poeple. Anyone have any idea's as to which alpha should be my next victim? Because that's where the problem seems to be. Sidenote: Some Nf4's can do 250 t1 with these sticks. Right now I'd settle for 225 rock-solid I hate bsod's LOL

Also the best advice me or anyone else has had sofar with sticks sporting these IC's and nf2. Has been "Avoid them like the plague" and "Get sumptin' else". Maybe we could change that to some degree.

Sorry about my bad punctuation and baud speelng.Hehee....

I would like to figure it out too...

I bought 2...2x512 kits of Corsair XMS version 1.5 (utt-bh5) for my daughters pc's....I still have yet to install the DFI-LPB's (still in boxes)....But I have the ram installed in the old boards (via chipsets) and it was a trick to get them to even boot....

I just plan to run them 200x? (11 or 12) and hope for stable...

I do not understand timmings or alphas.... no matter how many times I read the tutorial.... it's like reading gibberish to me...????

Mine didn't have any trouble @200 or 205. (I've seen other's have problems w/200 though)At 210 I had some trouble over 210 big trouble.@T1 t2 I think 213 or 217 was the max. Until now recently I got 225 T1 to prime95 10.5 hrs big superpi's ok 3dmuck ok too. got aquamark3 to work(Finally). But it still fails s&m memory test. some problems w/memtest. as well. I think it's some alpha timings the nf2 auto settin's for that don't seem right at all. Right now I have some time to play w/ it so I'm hopin' maybe we can figure it out. To better results. But if not then I can say well I gave it a shot. Hehe.

Thank's Dr_Bowtie If they don't work ok. I've found they might work better after changing the t(RRD) in the alpha's to a 3 from auto's 2. that seems to have helped alot. When you try it that is.

UTT BH5 and tCPC 2T might get higher FSBs, rather than running tCPC 1T? Unsure,

just a thought. Anyone have more to report on UTT BH-5s and using 2T on NF2s?

Anyone else want to post some of that info in here and help beef-up Clay's new thread? :D

Thanks MedianOCer: T2 makes 225fsb much more stable and not as much bandwidth loss as I seem to remember. However 3dmark01 scores are better @12x205T1. Aquamark3 are also slightly better. So however much better the everest memory benches are apparently cpc off kills any proformance gain one might expect from that. I tried 230x11 but 3dm would crash to desktop. I'll try more stuff later to see what I can wring outa' t2. But right now I'm gettin' abit tired of failure.(The VX I sent back for RMA is worlds beyond this stuff and each stick had diffrent problems.(Bad)) Hopefully I'll do better those when they get back or the TCCD I jus' ordered. (Hehee.... I'm keeping busy at least.)

Hummm....Observation better bandwidth @225 t2 3dmark scores should be higher.Than 205X12t1 I suppose all the memory errors incurred at those speeds is probably what kill any better scoring. Memtest burning could help but I don't have time right now. As far as T1 proformance goes 210-213 is still about tops. While lotsa burning can be more stable @225t1 the unexpected interrupt error seem to preclude burning @t1. To try to get more mhz at t2 seems non--doable 227t2 crashes 3dmark. I had it bootin' wind-deers at 235 but clickin' on a shortcut bsoded that.. So to answer Medians question about t2 it seems to help with stability some but really no mhz gains seem doable.

So my despite some personal progress with nf2 and utt-bh5. My best advice has to remain,"Avoid it like the plague!" and or "Get sumptin else!" . So I'm back to 12x205(til' some boxes show up on my porch.)that seems to run the nicest w/less vcore. More std alpha timings,drives and slews. better overall proformance due to fewer errors. Plus I hate bsod's and I've gotton quite a few the past coupla' daze. Hehee Lemme try jus' one more thing LOL..... BRB Hehee.............

EDIT: Big Time!!Hehee.. I jus' killed XP fortunatly I have 98se on an ide, I guess I'm through w/the utt-bh5 and nf2.(At least for now anyway.) I have some "Mushkin Retail" That really runs alot better in nf2. Cas 2 isn't really all that important when I get 230 t1 @cas2.5 Solid! I'm done w/this stuff for now I've about had it! LOL

Edit2: Who am I kiddin' I'm still tryin' diffrent stuff to try to make it go better.

Well I got my TCCD in the mechine now. So it'll be awhile before I can get back to goin' to war with that stuff also I'm now shopping for some more VX.And some real BH-5. And anouther stick of the same TCCD. It seems to be somewhat better even w/looser timings. Anyone have any break throughs feel free to post em' here. I'll be editing my post here If I think of anything else that maybe helpful to someone that has some sticks w/ those IC's. "Clay"

I just primed @262 10hrs 2.5-4-4-4-4-9 T1

T2 might more mhz with this stuff I haven't tried it. W/the GX it seemed to get abit more mhz. I can't say I remember tryin' that w/ the vx. Hang on lemme post some screenies for ya' "Median" hehe.... Not too. bad really my 03-05 scores are each about 1000pnts lower than they were w/vx (235x10.5 dual-ch)

Thanks for the reply. I've been kind of curious about TCCD and TCC5 on these MBs.

Nice to see it looks like fairly high FSBs with 1T is a go.

Yeah, tight timings and decent frequencies does give great performance. Right now

my performance is quite a bit lower than what I was getting before, but I've also got

my 2 BH-5 sticks and the 1 TCCC stick running together on 200/400 and just to see

if that would work. Wanted to try running 1GB or RAM on this MB and with all the

slots filled.