Sign in to follow this  
magikempire

NF4 Expert & DRAM Drive Strength

Two very simple questions concerning the SLI-DR Expert:

1. Could someone explain the difference between the DRAM Drive Strength settings for the SLI-DR Expert?

I just bought the SLI-DR Expert and was using the SLI-DR before which only had options of going up to Level 8. Now with the Expert the settings go up to Level 15. I am running this on 4x512 of OCZ Gold BH5 UTT and am wondering what the optimal setting would be for this ram.

2. Did the DRAM Data Drive Strength settings change or are they the same for both the Expert and SLI-DR boards?

Thank,

Magik

2. Did the DRAM Data Drive Strength settings change or are they the same for both the Expert and SLI-DR boards?
SLI-DR before which only had options of going up to Level 8

And now you have 15, so certainly there has been a change. You will have to trial and error you configuration for the best Drive strength. I would simply guess to start at 10 with that huge memory load.

The stock speed data base as well as the Overclocking Data Base all have some "expert" board results entered.

RGone...

Thanks for the replies guys! I am not trying to cheat around to find my overclock I am just wondered what this setting was all about.

Thanks,

Magik

That's why he pointed to both the Stock Speed and Overclocking sections. Lots of good info even if you're running stock.

So does this go (weakest to strongest):

2 sticks: 1-3-5-7-2-4-6-8

4 sticks: 9-11-13-15-10-12-14

No that's not the case stone_cold_Jimi, or atleast not for my setup. I need 9 or above to boot in dual channel with 2 x sticks.

RLM

No, you're right - it doesn't match my findings either. The odd numbers 1-3-5-7 are definitely grades of weak, as I recall, just can't figure out the rest yet although I know they're weird.