Please help, stuck in standby...

ok, here is my deal. i just got all my parts togetherand I followed the NF4 Lanparty installation guide. I installed my cpu, along with the stock heat sink it came with. I then hooked up the 24 pin connector on my power supply to the mother board, and hooked up the Floppy drive power connector as well. I put a stick of memory in the orange slot farthest from the board.

Now when I turn on the powersupply from the back, the stand by LED lights up, but when I hit the power switch on the board nothing happens.

SIDE NOTE : The leds on my OCZ power supply don't come on when i hit the power switch on the power supply. No green or red lights nothing. I moved the memory stick around all the slots, rechecked the cpu and heatsink but all i get is the standby LED light. I am so tired and confused so any assistance will help.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the 24 pin connector hooked up, the 8 pin connector hooked up as well as the FDD power connector hooked up as well. The odd thing is I dont get any lights on my power supply when i turn it on from the back and I get the standy LED light on. Nothing else powers up, no fan on the cpu, video card or motherboard. Confused

How do I jump start the OCZ 520WATTS Powerstream powersupply. Please advise.
All the PSU's I have owned could be jump started by shorting the Green/Black wire in the 24pin molex connector. I wouldnt think the OCZ is any different. Make sure tht none of the cables are attached in you motherboard (or any other devices), take a paper clip, unfold it and stick one end into Green and other end into any of the Black pins.

Switch the power button on your PSU. If the PSU is functioning correctly you should be able to see the LED's working and hear/see the fan working

Well, when I jump started it, the Light on the PSU came on , when i the n took out the pin, it went out again. Have not been able to duplicate the same result again, but when i connect everything back up, once again only the standby light on the motherboard comes on. Please advise.