3DMark05 crashing at stock speed

I recieved my new 7800 GT last night and all can now run 3DMARK05 and better yet play CIV 4 with no lockups. Got a score of 7856 no overclocking. I used the cross shipping meathod on the web avalable for 7800's so I was not without a vid card.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds great. I am glad it was only a vid card issue for you.

I wonder - is 2.5 GHz at 1.475 really that typical of manchesters, or do I just have one of my usual bad strings of luck? lol

I couldn't budget out of 2.5 GHz without being dualprime/3dmark03 stable, though taking them seperately I can go as high as 2.62GHz at 1.6v

sounds great. I am glad it was only a vid card issue for you.

I wonder - is 2.5 GHz at 1.475 really that typical of manchesters, or do I just have one of my usual bad strings of luck? lol

I couldn't budget out of 2.5 GHz without being dualprime/3dmark03 stable, though taking them seperately I can go as high as 2.62GHz at 1.6v

I'd be pretty happy if I were stable at 2.5 GHz, the numbers work out pretty nicely at that clock rate. I wisened up and lost my OCZ value RAM, replacing it with Gskill DDR 500 RAM. Now I appear to pass 3Dmark05 without issues, though my scores are still pathetic. A 2.5GHz clock would leave that RAM at it's advertised stock timings. The CPU voltage seems to be a tricky issue. I seemed to have lost some overclocking ability going from 1.4V to 1.425. I wonder how much of this was RAM though. I tried to shortcut the overclocking testing by always keeping the RAM at stock speeds.