Sign in to follow this  
buckrogers

Seasonic S-12 600w PSU

Hi, what do people think of the Seasonic S-12 600w PSU, is it good enough for the "A" list. I'm thinking of getting one

Hi, what do people think of the Seasonic S-12 600w PSU, is it good enough for the "A" list. I'm thinking of getting one
A very good PSU, that will be added to the "A" list as soon as AG fixes the forum software. ;)

Should I get it over the OCZ Powerstream 600w (I dnt really wanna pay £150 for a PSU, thats more than my motherboard). I can get the Seasonic (which I read a very good review on, apparently has rock solid rails) for under £100.00

Should I get it over the OCZ Powerstream 600w (I dnt really wanna pay £150 for a PSU, thats more than my motherboard). I can get the Seasonic (which I read a very good review on, apparently has rock solid rails) for under £100.00
Get the PowerStream 520W. :nod:

I just bought one as well. The only thing I dont like about it is the twisted wiring. The Twists are ok but there is no cover. I just went out and bought some 3/4" Shrink to put on it. Performance wise, its capable and steady.

Guest Erukian

If i was buying a PSU as powerful as the Seasonic 600W or the OCZ 520-600W, Since their both badass PSU's I would go with what the next big thing that seperates them is, the fans, the Seasonic is dead quiet so if you ever decide to get a quiet system you won't be buggered that you spent all this money on a nice PSU but it's the loudest component.

OCZ is new in the industry, Seasonic has been making power supplys for over 25 years, I would say seasonic based on the fact that they don't make ricer PSU's, they build em to last. But i hear OCZ has awesome tech support..

The seasonic is also slightly more efficient, so i guess if you plan on keeping your system on most of the time for the next few years, then yeah, get the seasonic, every watt adds up. and can save you at least 25-50 a year in electric bills.

-Joe

Let me tell you all a story about SeaSonic and their Customer Service.

I Purchased a Seasonic S12-600 Power supply several months ago.

I had an occasional startup problem that would occur where I would hit the power button on my PC and nothing would happen. I would have to go thru the following procedure to start it.

1) shut power switch off on power supply

2) remove the power cord from power supply

3) replace power cord in power supply

4) turn power switch back on

Then the pc will start just fine. I Purchased a new case (Needed one anyways) and the problem continued. I contacted Seasonic via email and they wrote the following.

"From our engineers recent comment:

In the past months, Seasonic USA office has noticed many compatibility issues between the

S12 500/600 & DFI M/B.

After many case studies, the issue may arise from the M/B not consuming enough current on

the 12V rail to surpass the minimum load requirement of the power supply and thereby leading

to start up problems by the power supply / main-board combination. We have been to DFI

Taiwan HQ and made these tests and found that our power supplies are within Intel

specifications. It is not for sure that every m/b will have start up problems with our

power supplies as analog devices?"

Now I start the true meaning of this article.

I received an answer to my original message within 1 hour (not days, or weeks)

They sent me an RMA sheet within that hour, and I returned it.

I told them that I did not want to be without a Power Supply for a week going thru this RMA product. They said no problem, They shipped out the new power supply (New Revision) one the SAME DAY, and told me to pack up my current one and return it to them after I install the new one.

This is what I consider Customer Support, There was no BS, and putting the blame on other parts, they stood behind their product 100%, and offered a replacement that is convenient to me.

I will definitely purchase another Seasonic product and recommend them to anyone who cares to listen to me.

I am a manufacturing engineer, and I understand that problems can happen in production, and I have no ill feeling towards them for having had this problem in the first place, and I applaud them for there honesty and integrity

Sign in to follow this