Sign in to follow this  
Oceanborn

Nforce 4 Temp Too High?

Hey everybody I don't know if this is cause for concern or not, but the ITE Gardian reports my Chipset Temp as 44 degrees Idle with the fan spinning at 4500 or so RPM and 48 degres spinning at 6700 or so, I wonder if this is too much, If I need to take any measures since I used to have an ASUS P4P800 E-deluxe running an Intel P4 presHOTT and the reported temperature of the Motherboard/chipset was 30 under load...so I don't know if I should worry or not....any info on this will be greatly appreciated...

Thanks everyone

Guest Upok

well, I'm running the expert and my temps are about the same. It's probably a little warm, but nothing to get freaked out about. I'm debating pulling the stock chipset fan and putting on a Vantec Iceberq4, I've heard that they fit and work well.

Your temps are fine. If memory serves, the chipset is ok up to 70 or so.

If it bothers you, look in the Modifications forum for directions to either

1) Replace the thermal grease with AS5 (reduces the temps a few degrees)

or

2) replace the chipset fan with an Evercool VC-RE

Yes david...that's exact....because the lower RPM indicates idle usage whereas high RPM is when the system is at Full load....

Thanks for the info guys....maybe I will try and remove the chipset fan to install arctic silver 5, I've heard some stories about some manufacturers neglecting the correct installation of the chipset by not applying enough or not at all thermal paste....