Sign in to follow this  
cmay119

All Newark Owners. I need your advice.

Hi guys, I know a couple of you are running 2x1GB Sticks in your system along with your Newark core CPU. I'd like to know what your results are with your sticks, and also which Memory IC's seem to play the nicest with these CPU's? I'm a little nervous moving to 2x1GB after hearing about XS member Philosophy's troubles with his Patriot Sticks running Infineon BE-5 IC's. Anyone have any first hand experience with Samsung UCCC chips or other? Thanks guys. :)

As we both know the memory controller on this cpu is not a stellar performer but it clocks like a banshee. I'm able to get it to 208.5 without much trouble but not a bit more with these 1 gig stix. With a single module I can run it 1:1 at current speed so I am not at all disappointed with it. 220 with 2 gigs would really make me happy so if you happen across some modules that will do it please make me aware it.

One thing to note about1 gig modules is that I have noticed a trend in many recently released boards and all older boards. The bios t-ref auto selection does not always ensure the optimum value since high density modules have only recently become more mainstream. My optimum value for t-ref regarding maximum BW and core speed seems to be 2064 which translates to 133Mhz1.95us. via A64 tweaker. Note:There are two values in bios for 2064.