RMA'd Ultra-D - No more 2-2-2-5! What's wrong?

I just got my new RMA'd Ultra-D and i built up my rig. Everything's fine. Started - Optimized Defaults (Orange Slots, RAM @ 2,5-3-3-89 - installed WinXP - and so on. Then i wanted to set up the BIOS as before: Timings, Voltages and so on... With my old Ultra-D it wasn't a problem to run my BUFFALO BH-5's 2x512MB Kit @ 263Mhz 2-2-2-5 and 3,4VDimm. Now i simply set these Settings, only 2-2-2-5 - rest @ By SPD/AUTO as before. Rebooted - I don't get into Win - reboot - reboot -and so on... Then I set everything @ Optimized Defaults and just changed the timings to 2-2-2-5 and the VDimm to 2,8V. Started Memtest - Test5-200000 Errors :confused: Then (everything@ 2-2-2-5):

Single Channel: Test 2, 3 and 5: 80000 Errors on each Stick

Changed the sticks into the yellow Dimm-Slots: Same Errors

Tried BIOS: 704-2BTA, 510-2XCEL2UPDATED, 623-3 and 623-2: Still Errors and no go with Win

Then i set it to 2,5-3-3-8 - the SPD-Settings...and everything's fine.

BUT WHY I CAN'T GET THEM STABLE @ 2-2-2-5 AS BEFORE? I only changed the board - nothing else! Before it was rockstable with 260Mhz 2-2-2-5 but now - no go!

The old one crashed after every Win install and i lost all data on the HDDs (tried 5 different)

This can be caused by bad memory. I've had several instances over the years of memory going bad and corrupting data on my hard drives. Subsequent reinstalls would crash.

If Memtest is failing, then you should RMA the memory. That could have been your problem all along.

This can be caused by bad memory. I've had several instances over the years of memory going bad and corrupting data on my hard drives. Subsequent reinstalls would fails.

If Memtest is failing, then you should RMA the memory. That could have been your problem all along.

Thanx! But: The Memory is rated 2,5-3-3-8 and it wouldn't be a reason to RMA them if I say: "I can't get them stable on 2-2-2-5"...

2,5-3-3-8 - everything's fine... but 2-2-2-5 no go, i don't understand it. With the Ultra-D before everything was runnin' fine with this setting.

What Mobo Rev. you got?

Is it the new AD0?

I've tested Kingston AK1(CH 5) and i got the same behavior.

Normally the Ram goes 240 (2-2-2-5)@3.2V.Tested on Ultra D(AB0)

Now the lowest Latency is Default (2,5-3-3-8).But they go now to 278(3-4-4-8)@2.8V

Maybe it's the new Rev.

But when you run the memory at 2-2-2-5, it causes you to RMA mobo's?

Am I missing something here?

For the reason of RMA see Post#3!

What Mobo Rev. you got?

Is it the new AD0?

I've tested Kingston AK1(CH 5) and i got the same behavior.

Normally the Ram goes 240 (2-2-2-5)@3.2V.Tested on Ultra D(AB0)

Now the lowest Latency is Default (2,5-3-3-8).But they go now to 278(3-4-4-8)@2.8V

Maybe it's the new Rev.

Where i can see the Rev.?

Its usually on a sticker on the side of one of the PCI slot. I'm in the process of upgrading my Ultra-D from a AB0 board to a AD0 board. Some people are saying that the AD0 are scaling higher. Any Comments?