request for auto fan conrtol disable feature in lanparty nf4 series bi

Do you think enabling all the raid channels by default will mess up people that have 2 drives in raid and a single backup drive (all sata) ?

Thanks for the input as always THunDA.

I dont think so but I can test. If it's not assigned to the array I don't think it will.

I know some guys have thought there OS was dorked after a flash

What about start up temps? It's all done except for those.

Do you use the adjustable fan feature currently?.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks ExRoadie.

Tmod PM'd this morning, He is going to try and defeat the Fan Control completely as an option.

Re SATA: As RGone pointed out in one of his posts. Seems better to have all four SATA ports enabled even if using only two of them in many cases. Remember all these changes can be CHANGED. :)

Now if the great and wonderous bios God could figure out to have them DEFAULT to 15 degrees I think he would make everyone EXTREMELY happy. I'm sure many would still like the adjustability function.

I remain your Masta Beta Testa

i agree

i use fans on mobo headers.....why the hell would it be not recommended.....never had issues.....would be nice to have something similar to Abit type fan control :cool:

Terry works his buns off for forum members and DFI users. What a great guy.

Bear with him a bit and your Expert bios may materialize soon. Always great to hear from ya dinos22. Thanks for the input.

sry guys i haven't been in this thread cause the thread didn't subscribe by default lol i kept checking user cp without seeing any replys lol

well anyway a global disable for the auto fan speed and a range of 15c to 75 sounds great to me :)

thanks so much guys for hearing me out on my request :) btw are you guys gonna be able to get this change implimented into te official bioses if you get all the bugs worked out?

plug into psu
that isn't verry convenient for me and im shure many others but yes that is a solution lol

I hope Tmod doesn't mind if I answer this.

Can't seem to defeat the fan controls.

Can make them disappear, but fans will still operate at defaulte settings. Obviously not the goal.

Some other efforts in a similar vein crashed the test rig. I'm sure you realize that Tmod would never release an unperfected bios. Just not his style, in fact at this point he has refused to furnish me with additional bios to test defeating the fan option. Test rig hangs at 2 LEDs and I've tryed everything so I think I trashed the chip pretty dang good :D

He's come up with one that defaults the startup speeds to 15 degrees but it's awful hard to test. 15 default at all settings then it jumps to 25 and goes to 65 for adjustments. It also defaults to 15 at 35, 45, and 55 degrees. He's explained that the settings are not visible in modbin (all scrambled sheet). He's on an NF2 and basically sends a bios to me and this dummy reports changes in the settings and he sends another one over. Sorta like the blind leading the retarded (me).

I've hidden six Bios chips and two processors so well I can't even find them. He graciously flashed one for me that I should receive tomorrow and I'll get on the stick immediately. I've been using Winflash to flash these and it may have well been the cuplrit.

But all the other changes I asked for work like a charm so keep your fingers crossed and maybe we'll get the 15 degrees one working (it may just be showing 15 but really be at 25 if you catch my drift). He's very very good at this stuff and if I find it works I hope I can cajole him into letting another volunteer test. But if it's not right he'll never let it see the light of day.

No sense in proceeding to the Expert until we get a handle on the standard NF4s.

I'm sure you guys understand.