Cable Versus Phone Line

TOMVOO

Been having lots of Email problems with cable hispeed was wondering does anyone else have the same internet connection works great but Email doesn,t work which have you had better luck with hispeed phone or cable cann,t get in or send Emails they and i cann,t figure it out would like to switch to hispeed phone . Isp provider has told me outlook express corrupt 5 times? i don,t think so is it possible or is current isp jerking me around .

Edited by TOMVOO

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your connection is fine then it's probably your mail server that's at fault. Cable is faster but most companies cap it at 1.5Mbps anyways which is usually the same as ADSL depending on where you're located.

If your connection is fine then it's probably your mail server that's at fault. Cable is faster but most companies cap it at 1.5Mbps anyways which is usually the same as ADSL depending on where you're located.

ADSL is 1.5??? The most ive heard it was 1.3mbs! Crazy....guess ive been sleepin too much again :lol:

I agree with Syneze. Cable is better, I always had terrible problems with DSL. And the server is at fault not the connection cause if you have access to webpages and stuff, maybe a port is being blocked or not allowed. or maybe just the server.

• 2 weeks later...

Generally, cable is faster (or has the potential to be faster). With cable, you "share" a connection with others in your neighborhood. On DSL, it's only on your phone line, so I find that DSL is more reliable.

Maybe that's just in this area.

My DSL is rated at 1.5, but I often hit 1.7

age old question :bah:

If you live in a highly populated area like the middle of a big city, id say go with dsl, if you live in rural america with a not very dense population id say cable. Heres what id say you should do though... go to broadbandsreports.com and lookup the isps for your area and see what other people have to say about them. Then make your choice. :D

it all depends on the provider, i deffinatly do not live in a populated area and the cable is offered at 800k and 1000k speeds. not to mention it is really unreilable. i have dsl and get 1500+ (which is advertised) and have only had it go down once in the past two year.

best bet is to check out www.broadbandreports.com you can see what experiences other people have had with different isp's in your area.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've seen a dsl that goes at 2mb/s, no less but if you use the full bndwith the phone does not work anymore.... still 2mb/s is crapin fast for a dsl!!! But here where i live dsl is a wast of money... for 60 buks per month i got optic fiber at 10mb/s 24:7 and i never had a single problem always smooth!!!! and it actualy goes more than 10mb/s... my record in dling was 1.8mbyte/s :P:P:P