Sign in to follow this  
Redbeaver

Venice E3 or E6 (or E4???)

Hi all...

First of all, sorry if cant find another thread about this. Feel free to post it if you found one already.

So the question is simple... Ive seen a few review, a few forums, and all have different oppinion! of course, the last forum i need to ask is the best of all :D Dfi-street ;)

So...which is the better overclocker? If you think it really depend on the chip, just say so, if u think one better than the otehr please say so too... Ive heard E3 is a better one, but some said E6 is the newer and thus better, some even said E4 is the best! (duh, isnt E4 is only for Toledo or somethin?)

So... what do u guys think best on DFI board?

well it definitely depends on the chip, but that doesn't mean there isn't a particular rev on the venice that generally overclocks better. From what i gather, the earlier venices (pre-e3) are supposed to OC better. I've also read where the e4 is the best for overclocking.... but who knows??? I think you're best off starting a poll, but even that doesn't mean much.

Now i even found where people actually said E6 can clock 2.6Ghz on air cooling... *sigh.....

When they give the speed they are doing on air cooling, it is pointless.

You could probably get that on air cooling but it'd take 1.7v. Some may be comfortable with this on air cooling, some would definately not be.

When they give the voltage, it's a more accurate portrayal of their overclock.

If someone says "I got to 2.7 GHz on air cooling!" and someone else tries and gets to 2.67 GHz on air cooling, with 1.7v, they may think they did the same thing.. even though the other processor only took 1.5v to get to 2.7 GHz.

Don't take their claims to heart unless you know the settings of their overclock.