Zalman Cnps9500

black_dought

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the Zalman 9500 over my naked X2 3800+ and got it to 2.65 with 1.58 vcore. I had no way of comparing it with the XP120 because of the clip on type to hold them over the cpu. But before I took off the spreader I compared them both and the 9500 just beats out the xp120. But the thing is the mobo is on a Tech Station so the 9500 is well placed. But when I put the system on a case, I have an X-Alien case, the 9500 moves without any support and it loses efficiency.

I don't want to open new thread, no need, I have a big dilema. I'm not sure what to buy, Zalman 9500 or Thermaltake BT. I have DFI NF4 Ultra-D, I planing to put some of these coolers on opteron 170. Can you please tell me which one is better in your opinion? Thanks

Compairing the XP-120 to the 8500 is not really fair. One of the prioritys of the Zalmann is noise or lack there of you can remove the IHS. You dont really want to do that with clip ons do you? The comparison that should be made is performance to noise not some some non real world test. I seriously doubt that the XP could beat the Zalman at the same noise level .....in an actual case...... with the IHS off one of the other reasons people get this heat sink.

Sorry for the run sentence on but life is not all about how things perform on the test bench or for one person everyone has diffrent needs. If thermaltake would get off their buts and make some heatsinks with proper mounting again they would be a much more viable choice for some of us.

[/rant]

BTW you can use a reostat or the 7 volt method if if needed the 8500 are not all that loud to begin with.

I use the Gigabyte G-Power Pro HSF, it reduced my temps from 30 idle to 22, even without the fan on it will stay @ 28 idle, i keep the fan on 1000 rpms @ all times, @ 100% load it has never gone over 38, this is as good as any HSF out there and was half the price of the Zalman CNPS9500 and XP, its easy to fit and does the job!

Gronzi....Look at Smokin Joes post. He posted it on the 15th. Also I believe, just to help you out, in your case a Zalman would be better. Check out some of the posts from davidhammock200. I believe some of his signature links lead to a Heat Sink Guide specifically for your board. However,

I am going to use the SI-120, I dont know where all this XP talk came from but this is recommended here on the DFI-street HS guide. Also matched with a Panaflo 120 High model fan, it is deemed very efficient. I also am getting a 50-60CFM 80mm fan to go inside my airduct above my VGA card, inside my case to act as a vacuum for the hot air. Lots of options with my case, but I decided that the Zalman is just not what I wanted. Thanks for your input guys and Gonzi good luck.

Marcus

I don't want to open new thread, no need, I have a big dilema. I'm not sure what to buy, Zalman 9500 or Thermaltake BT. I have DFI NF4 Ultra-D, I planing to put some of these coolers on opteron 170. Can you please tell me which one is better in your opinion? Thanks

Like the earlier posts stated; it depends on your case's air flow. I use the Thermaltake VA8000 case and the air flows from front to back with no side fan, so the Zalman 9500 works perfectly in that scenario. If you have a side fan on your case the TT Big Typhoon might work better for you.

Like the earlier posts stated; it depends on your case's air flow. I use the Thermaltake VA8000 case and the air flows from front to back with no side fan, so the Zalman 9500 works perfectly in that scenario. If you have a side fan on your case the TT Big Typhoon might work better for you.

I have Chieftec Dragon series with one extra cooler on the back. Thanks guys