Stock Instability...

I don't have the fdd power connection in, but it doesn't make a difference.. Since I don't have sli.
Hello, could you explain this comment? Are u assuming it doesnt make a difference, or have you tried with it in and it didnt make a difference. Its the last part which throw's me

Since I don't have sli

I just remember it saying in the manual that those extra power connectors are to complement the motherboard to keep it more stable. However I dont have any issues once the system is booted up. Only when initially booting up. I think it referred that it helps stabalize a system if SLI is enabled.

Anyway, initially I plugged it in and still had the problems.. I took it out when I needed to use my floppy drive to flash some hardware.

I took apart my machine and came home for the weekend.. going to get the OCZ Modstream 520W that's raved about. As well as some new RAM which may or may not of been fried because of the lack of a 24 pin mobo power connection.

No, I didn't read the manual through and through, I've built my share of systems and had a friend build a UT Ultra-D NF4 board with the exact same PSU as me without any problems (I let him know mine of course). Anyway, hopefully there are no permanent problems with the mobo because of all this, but I doubt anyone would want to comment on that.

New hardware will be installed on tuesday and I'll post to this thread.

-w

I think I'm going to go for the modstream instead of the powerstream because it looks better. Yeah I know that's vain but this is for my 'show case' (acrylic).. and I don't want to sleeve every powerstream cable. Should this PSU be able to perform fine with my 4 hdd's, 2 optical devices, one pcie ati x800 pro and one pci sata controller card.. as well as give me some room to oc? Basically I need something for the system in my signature, I want to overclock it.

-w

Well, the powersupply fixed my issue with oc'ing.. wasn't able to achieve any sort of memory overclock despite what settings I used. Now running at a cozy 2.5ghz. Seems my 2 led problem was in fact a video problem.. I'm using a cheapie PCI radeon I have and have had no reboot problems since.

Filled out an RMA for my video card.. it was refurb'd from ATI so I guess I got a badbad apple.

Appreciate the help.

-w