Sign in to follow this  
naddie

Multiple Instances of SuperPi for x2?

I've read here by Angry that SuperPi is good to use for the mini-test portion of OCing the CPU. However, not sure if he used an x2 for it, because mine would only load around 50% of the CPU. It looks like it uses about 80% of one core, and 20% of the other.

When I try to run 2 instances of SuperPi to get 100% load, I always get an error from one of the instances:

NOT CONVERGENT IN SQR05

While the other instance continues to run. This is also true at complete stock settings.

So is this error because I am running 2 instances when I am not suppose to, or is my system unstable even at stock voltages/speeds?

The problem is that they are competing for clocks rather than working independently on their own cores. Extract two superpi folders, then open one instance from each. Now go to task manager. Right click the first instance, choose set affinity, and assign it to one core. Do the same for the other instance using the other core.

Well, I set affinity and that didnt' work. I copied the exe to a different folder and ran them from different folders, and that worked. Thanks!

I find that Prme95 is the same way. I should have known that that super pi is no different.