Sign in to follow this  
CalvinColdstar

Prbolems with Warcraft3....

I don't know whether this has got to do with the motherboard or my X1800XL, but the weird thing is that when i play warcraft 3, it would be smooth.....but then after like playing for 1 to 2hrs, the main window(where it shows the terrian, wher ur character moves and attacks) in the game lags and jerk.....but the mini map and the character's avatar animation are still smooth.....the fps measured when this took place is at 100+

if u guys don't know wad am i talking about, here's a picture:

02.jpg

i have no problems with other games at all...except for warcraft 3

ur help will be appreciated.....thanks in advnace

Hi, I have EXACTLY the same problem. I can only play ~2hours before I have to reboot. I have exactly the same system as you except I have a 7800gt and I use the onboard sound. I also have the newest rev of the bios. I am not totally sure I have the newest chipset drivers though... going to check that next.

Maybe it's a soundcard issue. Try using the Creative card but setting the Realtek to 'Disable' in the windows device manager but enabled in the Bios. My soundcard would not work until I did it this way round.

the fix actually simple....with u are using a dual core cpu....just go to www.amd.com and download the amd driver....install it and u r ready to go...but i still suggest that u get a soundcard....get a bluegear Xmystque....its better than the X-fi in my opinion

I'm having the same issue. I wanted someone to confirm that this is the correct download. It's labeled:

"AMD Opteron™ Processor PowerNow! Driver for Windows XP x64 Edition and Windows Server 2003 x64 Editions Version (exe) 1.3.1"

- If that's correct can someone confirm it? If not could you please point me in the correct direction? Thanks!

if you are using standard windows xp home/pro, use this:

AMD Opteron™ Processor PowerNow! Driver for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 Version (exe)

if you are using windows xp 64bit version, then get this:

AMD Opteron™ Processor PowerNow! Driver for Windows XP x64 Edition and Windows Server 2003 x64 Editions Version (exe) 1.3.1

I don't know whether this has got to do with the motherboard or my X1800XL, but the weird thing is that when i play warcraft 3, it would be smooth.....but then after like playing for 1 to 2hrs, the main window(where it shows the terrian, wher ur character moves and attacks) in the game lags and jerk.....but the mini map and the character's avatar animation are still smooth.....the fps measured when this took place is at 100+

if u guys don't know wad am i talking about, here's a picture:

02.jpg

i have no problems with other games at all...except for warcraft 3

ur help will be appreciated.....thanks in advnace

You need to instal the AMD dual core driver.