Sign in to follow this  
naddie

PC won't boot, diag lights readout

After getting my memory speed down (after all this expermenting, I found the max speed), I tried to now do the same with my CPU. However, when I attempt to put it in a higher multiplier (resultant is only around 2 GHz, which is near stock speed for the CPU), my CPU wont boot, and the nbridge's fan keeps occillating from high to low.

The LED diags show 3 LED, then 2 LEDs, then 4 LEDs blinks twice, then goes back to 3 LEDs, then 2 LEDs, then 4 LEDs blinks twice, and the cycle starts all over.

I tried to use the "Safe Boot" jumper according the manual, no go. So I tried the full CMOS jumper reset proceedure, and no go there either.

Is my CPU toast? Anyone I can fall back to, or do I have to bite the bullet and buy a new CPU? :(

wow, thats crazy i have the same problem, does your not boot like at all? your monitor stays off, and cd drive leds and cpu leds blink almost simultaneously? cus thats wat im getting, and my debug lights follow your exact order.. mine didnt go out while overclocking though, mine was overclocked at 2.3 ghz.

Oh, im such an idiot - what I thought was the BIOS reset was actually the internal speaker jumper. DOH!

The RED jumper was it, and after I jumpered it, it works fine. -_-; Albit all my CMOS settings were lost (except for the saved banks).

hmmm interesting....im going to try jumpering mine again... i already tried like 10x already tho lol, glad urs werked :D

BTW, what do you mean by "cpu leds blink"?

As per the rules, a complete list of what you have in your rig, and perhaps your location as well (Bville?)

Is the Expert the only one with the diag LEDs?

Yeah i was talking about the led's the display when the cpu is processing and the cd/dvd drive is processing, and reason i posted in this section was because you had the exact same problem as me, except my computer isnt loading due to bad cmos, there is bad hardware somewhere.

Yeah i was talking about the led's the display when the cpu is processing and the cd/dvd drive is processing, and reason i posted in this section was because you had the exact same problem as me, except my computer isnt loading due to bad cmos, there is bad hardware somewhere.

Ahh... you mean hard drive LEDs. Well, when I plugged them in just to check, none of them lit up except for power. The CD-ROM LED is actually not indicitive of the mothebroard's condition (unless it keeps searching for the CDROM drive, which may cause the LED to blink or glow on some models).

I hope you get your problem fixed!