DVD burner hosing boot w/ IDE driver- Help!

THanks AG :nod:

I guess the last one -the nForce systems PCI manager is the same as IDE driver and includes the Raid as well as PATA IDE drivers?? If so I will just check that box in control panel and remove and see what happens... It is confusing though that the system drivers aren't clearly mentioned

no the SMBUS is the System Management bus driver and is different than the IDE driver

do a rollback of drivers as previously mentioned in this thread to eliminate the IDE driver (my bad for not being specific about this in my previous post)

AG,

Thanks for clearing that up, I will roll back the RAIDCLASS controller and the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers (4 of them in device manager- I think). Since they all have same version # removing one may remove all... or may have to do each separately. Roll back or uninstall?? If I roll back I will have to tell it not to search as that would be nVidia 5-18 - not windoze IDE.

do a search of these forums to get more specific info on how to rollback the IDE driver before doing anything

if your search doesn't turn up any help, then read the Search Guide sticky at the top of this section to learn how to use better search terms at the forum (its a bit more awkward than searching google hehe)