Is memory causing this?

Hey all,

Your probably all going to say yes immediately to my question after you read my sig. Heres the problem. Games crash to a black screen and the sounds gets really screechy for a few seconds then cuts out. I have to flip the swith on the back of the PSU to get it to reboot properly. I tried a thousand things to resolve this so far. Driver uninstall/reinstall. Replaced the PSU with a known good. Replaced the CPU wth a known good. Tried installing windows on both disks... The only thing I do not have spare gear to test is the board and the memory. The problem seems to be linked to the memory because when it starts crashing I can power down move the memory chips from one set of slots to the other, raise or lower the voltage a bit (has run for days at each of 2.6, 2.7 and 2.8 volts) and im solid until I reboot the machine again. It will on occasion run 3-4 days without a crash. Memtest86 (the integrated version) has run for 6+ hours on more than one occasion without an error. Everything is currently running at stock speeds. My temps are all good (under load: 42-44 CPU 48-50 chipset 62-65 video). I have noticed that sometimes when I shut the system down the DRAM LED stays lit and sometimes it does not. I am not sure exactly what this indicates.

Anyway, your thoughts/opinions/suggestions are all appreciated.

I bet you'll catch heat for your powersupply, but I have a different theory. Have you tried to raise the Vcore a little bit. I believe that with the low lattency RAM like ours, it stressed the on die memory controller on the chip a little more. I've read about this happening (the crashes and having to switch slots/coldboot) while using low latency DIMMs, larger capacity DIMMs, while using 4 DIMMs, and while using faster DIMMs like DDR500. Maybe a little more juice could help things?