Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lux_merged

Overclocking results for X2 system!!

Guest Lux

Its not a BTX case... its an ATX upside down case, haha like you said. I just like how the video heat doesn't go up onto the processor. The BTX has the pciX/pci slots at the bottom like ATX but the board is on the same side as this one. If that confuses you then get in line cause now I'm confused :)

The yellow SATA cables are the 4 (4!!!! WTF I paid $?!?!! for this board with 8 SATA channels and it doesn't come with 8??!?!?....anyway) that came with the board. They are long enough to reach the furthest bottom drives with some slack and they have a little detent so they click into place and won't fall off like my old ones which I really like. The plugs are very small too and don't stick out much from the drives which is also nice. Great cables. The IDE cables going to the dvd/cd drives are from my Abit board.... I like the black better than the yellow.

Ramsinks for the video card are copper and they are coming tomorrow with the powersupply, they're not on there yet and the GPU block still has the plastic on the bottom... haven't seated it yet as I'm waiting for the ramsinks, so no you're not blind :D

So... how noisy is that nF4 cooler? I've seen a mobomonitor post that said it was running at 7338 RPM :sweat: Doesn't seem like that would be quiet from such a small bugger. I've seen the threads on replacing it with the copper vga coolers and such... I'd really like it to be watercooled too.... wish there was a solution. That offset waterblock by Nexxus wouldn't work either though they have another thats tiny and looks like it would work but has 1/4" inlets .... suck.

Interesting mod to the same case, looks pretty pimp. I wanted to keep the look of the case stock outside to make it kind of a "sleeper". With the location of my pump its not really a tight fit either... plenty of room and everything is self contained.

Technodanvan - thats a sweet van :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

The DFI cables are a stretch if you use the drive bay near the front of the case (which the above one did'nt, moved cage to top, great idea). Mainly because their is only one access hole to the middle of the case so the cables need to snake around a bit. this access whole gets pretty tight with all the powercables as well.

The DFI fan actually does not make much noise at all, despite the high speed. I wonder if the MB is reporting it correctly.

My problem at the moment is the rear 12cm fan has a low oscilating hum. IE a constant fan hum you can ignore, but its changing sound every 2 seconds. The lianli fans are meant to be ruberised grommits to seperate from the case, so I cant tell when this is coming from?

Guest Lux

Thats odd baron, when I plugged in the stock fans they were very very quiet and I got no buzzing or humming but they wouldn't push alot of air through the rads so I changed them out. Still very quiet with these fans on low however the case being aluminum tends to create a very very low hum thats not that noticeable to me but I still may get some rubber separating mats. I took the front grommets out so I could drop the front fan in the stock bracket and it would fit... i'll take some pics tomorrow to illustrate.

I notice the hum slightly also, however with the sides on its much less noticable and all I really hear is a slow air rush, quieter than my moms eMachine with one fan.

I'm using the stock DFI chipset fan as you can tell, Knob, but I'm not sure who you're addressing.

Guest Lux

I've got the DD Maze4 for the AN8 ordered.. it fits perfectly, Knob.

Up and running with some overclocks too... 2.5hrs stable on prime at 260x10 HTTx4

Rock solid so far and low temps... take a look :)

DSC00039.jpg

DSC00038.jpg

YES I had to use straws to hold the back side BGA's on cause the thermal tape is dog poopy... more thermal tape coming.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c136/Luxorz/benching2.jpg

hmm, I spent some time looking at this, and I think its my powersupply. I reckon the fans not quit level so I get a low ocsilation. Its still quite, but the osc is quite annoying. I've still got a lot of noise coming from my stock cooler, but will get a Zalman 7700CU soon. nice, pics. U did well keeping it clean. Getting me inspired to spend some more time. I found some longer SATA cables on another machine, so this should help.

Guest Lux

Thankyou, baron. My NB cooler should be here soon and I'm going to have to take the board out again ...ugg. But hey... this is making it worth it....

Not tested yet but superPi is not having problems yet :)

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c136/Luxorz/2.jpg

I think I'm gonig to set it back to stock till I get my NB waterblock on and then try some more.... looks like its a decent o/cer though

Guest Lux

New NB cooler... its close on the bottom screw and nut but it clears by a 1mm both ways :)

NB-Videocard.jpg

NB.jpg

NBisin.jpg

All done, clean and lit... need window side panel ...

CleanandDone.jpg

AllDone.jpg

front.jpg

In the dark! 2x4" UVs one in the top and one at the bottom.

LightsOut.jpg

darkCloseUp.jpg

Running at 2.6Ghz on 1.532v CPU 22C, NB 35C, GPU 35C fun and fast... I lub it.

Windowed side panel which I don't know whether I'm going to make or not... and maybe 3 of these for the front.

Guest Lux

At first I was using this and I had to use half the bottle to get any color at all... my brother used the other half and had none left :( so i got some of this instead and I only had to use 3-4 drops and its as blue as it was before with half a bottle, plus I still have a full bottle for draining/refilling, etc.

Another suggestion:

There are sharp edges where you cut to allow the hoses to pass through. You might want to get yourself some molding to prevent possible hose slicing.