IDE SW drivers + Sata Hd

Hi guys ive searhes but cant find anything.I got hold of a samsung sp2004c 200gb sata 2 Hd and installed in but found it wasent running at its proper speed and was running in pio mode.I was told i needed to install the latest Nforce drivers and install the ide drivers which is what i did and managed to get my drive running at its proper speed.

The problem ive got though is since installing these drivers my system seems to be always reading to the Hd and the hd led is always blinking.So i reformatted and reinstalled only installing the ide drivers thinking it was somthing else but its still doing the same.Ive also found if i try and open a Rar or zip[ file it takes an age to unzip or execute a file within the zip which ive only noticed since installing the ide drivers.Ive noticed under device manager .etc .etc that theres options about write / read caching could this be causing the problem or not?

I need really to install these to get my drives to run at there optimum speeds,Any ideas would be great as to what i could do or does anyone else have the same problem and is this normal with sata drives :confused:

Thanks in advance