Looking for a good quality case for under 80

Guest dnsx_merged

i am in need of a case for a new computer that i am about to build, im on a budget so i need a case for under 80. anyone know of a high quality case in that price range? i prefer one with a side panel window. i was also looking at the clear acrylic cases on newegg and i thought of getting the logisys clear mid tower case but i saw a review that said clear acrylic cases are bad for high-end computers or gaming systems. is that true? what do you guys think of clear acrylic cases?

Guest st_clancy

This is the one i'm getting, for $5 more dollars you can get it with the side window from newegg, This is an award winning case and great airflow for the price range

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16811119068

I've debated over a mid priced case myself, there is one other SWEET looking coolermaster case for $59 but I don't think its got the same airflow design, well it doesn't, but probably not bad, this is just too good to pass up IMO

dang thats an awesome case, thanks a lot ! i think im gonna go with this one unless someone shows me something that i like better. does anyone else recommend this cooler master centurion 5 case?

Guest st_clancy

there are a few ppl that have it here, if i can find my thread i'll link you to it.. I asked the same question.

what does the entry level ones have that the regular dragon ones dont have?

i dunno...the only thing I really care about on Chieftec cases is that I get an aluminum one. They are just that much better than a steel case (and if you are going to go Steel, you might as well go with the big battle tank master Coolermaster Stacker hehe).

Entry-level is probably just that...entry level and not much features...(Honda Civic)

the Dragons are like the Honda Accord...nicer in the right areas

then they got some that are like Acura's (remember Acura is owned by Honda..it is just their 'luxury' line heh) and have all the goodies

best thing to do is what most of us do...go through all the cases in the Chieftec section (or the Coolermaster section or the whatever section that catches your fancy) and spend a few hours here and a few hours there reading and drooling and wanting and looking and make sure you really only look at the aluminum ones if you really want aluminum (and if you have never had a fully alum case that is light as can be then do yourself a favor and get one and see what all the fuss is about and if you don't really see much difference, you didn't spend more than your $80...but if you really fall in love with them like most of us do, then you start the long save-up for a Lian Li or some other awesome $125+ all aluminum luxury case)

I really like my Antec SLK3000B. Plenty of room inside and it keeps case temps quite low, though I added a 120mm fan in the front. This case is something like $46.00; with shipping it's still under $60. (That's to North Dakota, though -- your shipping may be a bit higher or lower.) Here is a link: http://www.directron.com/slk3000b.html. It doesn't come with a side window, though. I thought about getting a window mod kit for about $18, but just haven't had the time yet.