How do you monitor system health?

szurlo

244 members have voted

1. 1.

• Smartguardian
    • Speedfan
    • MBM5
    • Other software solution (specify in post)
    • Hardware solution like LCD or fan controller (specify in post)
    • I don't actively monitor system health

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CoolerMaster Musketer II, CoolDrive6, CoolDrive4, MBM 5, SmartGuardian, CMD scripts, Performance testing. The hardware is always on, with customized settings for each locale, software during boot, and sometimes MBM5 full, otherwise I wait for hardware indications, then start troubleshooting.

MBM5. I've checked my 5v and 12v with a DMM and corrected them in MBM. I'll do the rest of the voltages when I'm ready to move everything over to a new case. Things are a little too cramped to be trying to check things like vcore and vdimm in current case.

J

I am a sucker for MBM5. JUst find it easier to configure to my liking.

I also use a Matrix Orbital MX421 with Dallas "one wire" DS18S20 thermal probes.

Yeah, I have been using Smartguardian, but I really don't like having to rely on a running Windows app to keep track of my system health. Plus, as a gamer, I'd like something I can see while in full screen games. I have looked at the Matrix LCDs but the price kind of made me balk.

As far as fan control goes, I have yet to see a non-rheostat hardware speed controller that I thought was ideal. Seriously considering making my own. Found a web site with schematics and parts lists for thermistor-controlled linear analog and PWM 12v fan controllers. That way I can just build all the channels I need and adjust each channel to match the fan it runs perfectly.

BTW, that site is http://www.cpemma.co.uk/thermal.html

Steve