Chipset fan replacement

Ok people ive noticed ppl have been having fan problems often and i havent really looked or seen for a good replacement list for the fanc currently i have the extra cash so i thouhg ti might as well change it while i can.. My graphix cad at the moment accualy sits on the fan quite anoying juast cuase im an butt about it i guess . So my point is id like to start a list of fans thats good to replace the oem chipset fans please post some fans/links/pics and how easy it was to put on thier and if it accualy touches your card ^_^

In the "Modifications" Forum search for chipset heatsink and your questions will be answered.

I use the Evercool VC-RE and am very happy with it. Quieter, cooler.

you think the Evercool VC-RF would fit? jabtechs all out of the RE's

As far as I understand they are the same except the VC-RF comes with some extra heatsinks for video memory and has a shield on top increasing the height by however thick the shield is. It does look like the shield could be taken or pried off.

yea mine rests on the heatsink actually making it 'lean' which bothers me. It averages around 40-50 degrees so I assume it's still somewhat flat on the chipset.

If everything is to specification the video card will not touch the chipset fan shroud.

If your video card touches the fan shroud on the chipset you have one or more of the following happening.

The case is not configured properly. The case might be out of alignment or the motherboard is set on the wrong length brass standoffs.

The case does not comply with the ATX case specification. The motherboard base is set too low for the card slots at the rear.

The video card does not comply with the ATX case specification. Some video cards have extra material at the back end of the card that protrudes below the level of the specification.

If everything is to specification the video card will not touch the chipset fan shroud.

If your video card touches the fan shroud on the chipset you have one or more of the following happening.

The case is not configured properly. The case might be out of alignment or the motherboard is set on the wrong length brass standoffs.

The case does not comply with the ATX case specification. The motherboard base is set too low for the card slots at the rear.

The video card does not comply with the ATX case specification. Some video cards have extra material at the back end of the card that protrudes below the level of the specification.

or maybe horrible placement of the NBchipset cooler :rolleyes: im sure my case is fine and i build pcs all day the placement is fine the graphix card is HUGE ...ACS3 cooler to blame but thats something that dfi really should have considered cuase the chipset fan is higher than the accuall slot and the card is only as high as that slot ...i cant even access two of the sata slots with this card :nod: