Issues with mounting CNPS7000 on DFI SLI Infinity

Nix

I have a DFI NF4 Sli Infinity and I'm trying to put the Zalman CNPS7000-Cu HSF on it. According to Zalman's website, it says that the board is compatible with the hsf, however when I removed the retention frame and tried to put the gold nipples into the bottom of the frame, it wouldn't screw in as the it isn't long enough to the nut. So I was wondering if anyone else have had this problem and how they dealt with it?

I thought they were supposed to come with a back plate?

You can try placing the screws pressing the stock plate flush aganst the back of the MB. If that doesnt work you can flip the plate back over. My nuts were secured in pretty well but you might need to glue them in without getting any on the treads or use nylon washers.

Yeah, it does have a backplate. It's just the holes of the backplate protude too far up out of the motherboard that the gold nipples can't reach the washers. So basically, my only option is to glue the washers and flip the backplate. Wow... that seems an incredibly crude solution. I wonder why Zalman said that the HSF is actually compatible with the board.