Funny game prob

OK, now this is really strange. i built comp about 2 days ago and it runs COD2 great. when i went on the multiplayer after i finished campaign it freezes after about a minute. i can get in game kill some facist pigs and then it freezes. then i installed another game. worked fine SP but when i start playing online multiplayer mode it freezes after about a minute. weird huh. and no im not that noob i tried turning off firewall then running, same prob. so any help is very appreciated

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uh no thats about choppy gameplay and laggy stuff, whereas i can be getting 130 fps and freeze. it freezes in every game i play except cod2 single player. half life one freezes, half life 2 freezes and counterstrike source freezse, WoW freezes, COD2 online freezes. and its not a firewall issue im positive. (i removed firewall and it still froze). it might be a memory problem i think maybe. and its not an overheating problem because i can play SP on COD2 and it sohuldnt be any hotter online

Guest SuppA-SnipA

memtest 86, search on google, make a boot disk, reboot, and this app will test your memory if its good or not, good luck

I'm a bit new to this all as well. You can find alot of great information on this site.

Prime95 monitors your system for stability and problems, at least that is my "noob" understanding of it.

Memtest can be initiated in bios or otherwise to test your ram for stability.

http://www.memtest86.com/

Check out this guide too... page 5 or so is the revised part.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...lash+bios+guide

Thats all I can give you, im sure the pros will be along soon enough. :P

You dont need floppy as your bios has memtest in it go into genie bios at the very bottom of the list enable memtest and save when you reboot memtest will run to disable just go back into bios and set disable and it will boot as normal.