G.SKILL Extreme Series (2 x 1GB) Overclocking

tadone

right now im running 273 x 11 with a 9/10 divider. SuperPI passes and im testing with Prime95 now. i'll post my results later. im running mine only at 231 now. even worse then you, icon.

why not drop your multi to 10 and put your ram on 5/6 divider and up your fsb to 290?

i primed all night and passed more than 9 hours of prime with cpu at 2.9 and ram at 241 1T with somewhat tight timings(for this ram)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't you do 1T 1:1 264x11=2904. This is what I'm doing right now! :nod:

can you post your settings?

either i cant tweak ram (which i cant lol)

or i got a dud set of ram

i have tried, but no go so far...i would rather be at 265 x 11 :)

can you post your settings?

either i cant tweak ram (which i cant lol)

or i got a dud set of ram

i have tried, but no go so far...i would rather be at 265 x 11 :)

i would rather be at 273 x 11 1:1 :P

it seems my super speeds are pretty slow too. my 32m is almost 28 mins! wth....how can i speed that up? is a 5/6 divider faster then a 9/10 divider?

290 x 10 isnt that bad, but im shooting for 3.0 GHz with my CPU. ive seen people do 280-300 MHz with this memory. its kinda sad how i can barely do 265 :sad:

it seems my super speeds are pretty slow too. my 32m is almost 28 mins! wth....how can i speed that up? is a 5/6 divider faster then a 9/10 divider?

290 x 10 isnt that bad, but im shooting for 3.0 GHz with my CPU. ive seen people do 280-300 MHz with this memory. its kinda sad how i can barely do 265 :sad:

5/6 divider makes the mem run slower than the 9/10

28 mins is not too shabby....last time i ram the 32m test i did 24 mins running 311x9 with my g.skill pc4800, running 1:1

its all about cpu MHz, and not so much about ram speeds....you will see some difference in benches...but not any in real life....that being said.....i would still like to see some stable settings for 265 ram speed 1:1 @ 1T... ;)

You really should read the overclocking guide so you thoroughly understand what the dividers are doing and how they interact with the FSB. It will help you understand what CPU-Z is telling you about your memory speed. Even after reading it 3 or 4 times, I still didn't get the formula until I read a few posts on the mistakes others have made. 'Knowing' will help you to 'not' melt anything.

i tried your timings,,,all things being the same except i used my multi of 11, and it failed prime in 1 min... :(

it looks like you have the same CPU as me. why dont you try 273 x 11 with a divider of 9/10 like me? 9/10 is supposed to be faster then 5/6, right?

my current timings are 3-4-4-8

pretty stable so far and passes every test. besides being a little slow in SuperPI 32m , i have no complaints.

actually....not being able to run the mem at 273 MHz is my only complaint :D